Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

DT3-LZB

Re: Rijndam

Post by DT3-LZB »

As far as I know the coupling speed is a little unrealistic in the game, it actually works the other way around: A driver of the Hamburg metro once told me that you should drive 1 km/h only right before coupling. 2 km/h is the absolute maximum as things start to get damaged when going faster. Which is also why the unit supposed to couple always stops like 50 cm in front of the other train and then slowly approaches the coupler. You can see that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XuZ-N8FT_M

While in the game the train doesn‘t join its mate at a speed below 2 or 3 km/h but bumps backwards.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

In Amsterdam, they do it a little bit faster; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcgeSfeeugU :D

About the not working Rifi's in Rijndam in Beta 3.14 (noticed on the RijndamRail SG4, the RSG2 and the Airport shuttle); here is a fix: https://we.tl/J0XEVJC6R6

I have included the files for ALL traintypes for all Rijndam routes; just in case there is one for which the problem has not been noticed. Beter a file too many then a file too few. ;)

Installation: Just copy the included 000-files to the same folder where the "Simulator.exe" and "Beta314.000" are located.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Since wetransfer links expire after a week, theres also a non expirering mirror available at Filehorst.de
http://filehorst.de/d/cokdzvFf

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
metrosimfan

Post by metrosimfan »

Hello, I have some problems with the Rijndam 2020 map.
The M4/M6-Stock (81-717) aren't able to change the direction. The cab bound "Denia" is farther active. (I hope its right). The attempt to turn back in other direction is fruitless, so that the trains will be stack there...
The M1-Trains bound for Panbos stack at the ZUB Entrance in Nobelplein. The trains start the travel and stops at the crossing. The In-cab-signaling shows a red light and 0.

Hallo, ich habe folgende Probleme mit Rijndam 2020.
Die 81-717, welche auf der M4 und der M6 eingesetzt werden, sind nicht in der Lage, zu wenden. Die Führerstände bleiben einfach aktiv, was die Weiterfahrt leider verhindert, und dazu führt, dass die jeweiligen Fahrzeuge sich an der Station stauen...
Die M1-Züge fahren bis Nobelplein. Dort, wo sie ins ZUB-System aufgenommen werden, verhaken sich die Züge aber irgendwie... Der Zug fährt ein stück und bleibt dann in der Mitte des Bahnübergangs stehen... Im Führerstand wird angezeigt, dass man über Rot gefahren ist....

I hope someone can help me. (Please apologize my bad english skills)
Ich hoffe, dass jemand mir helfen kann.

Best regards
Liebe Grüße
Have I ever said, that my english competitions are horrible?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

metrosimfan wrote: 18 May 2018, 22:22 Hello, I have some problems with the Rijndam 2020 map.
The M4/M6-Stock (81-717) aren't able to change the direction. The cab bound "Denia" is farther active. (I hope its right). The attempt to turn back in other direction is fruitless, so that the trains will be stack there...
First; the 81-717 can not go to Denia. Is has no pantograph, so it can not use overhead wires. If there is no 3rd rail, if won't do anything.
Second; make sure you deactivate the driver cab before moving to the other end of the train. If more then one cab is active, the train won't move.
The M1-Trains bound for Panbos stack at the ZUB Entrance in Nobelplein. The trains start the travel and stops at the crossing. The In-cab-signaling shows a red light and 0.
Make sure you ONLY use trains equiped with ZUB train protection on line M1, if you travel further then Nobelplein. So the 5500/5600/5700 series RET metro's (type SG3).
Train types with only ATB on board are NOT able to run on ZUB controlled lines (Nobelplein - Panbos and Transferium Rijndijk - Denia).
DT3-LZB

Post by DT3-LZB »

Or he‘s experiencing the same problem as me (I have described it before). The ATB/ZUB changing point at Nobelplein seems to be very sensitive, as soon as the performance decreases for whatever reason trains fail to change the protection system after departure and get stuck with a red 0. If you don‘t recognize this early enough and more than two trains get stuck behind the first one, a mess follows you can barely control because of the single-track sections - naturally the trains ignore what happens before them and just run into the next free section even if they clog the whole thing then. :/

I just wonder why that happens to Panbos-bound trains only. Inbound trains can change and depart just fine, even in case of a performance drop.

The other problem he describes (gets a bit clearer in the German version) has actually nothing to do with the M5, I guess he just used that to describe the direction at Rijndijk. He actually wants to say that after arriving at the terminus the AI doesn‘t shut down the front cab, as if it doesn‘t recognize that the train has reached the end of the line. Which is, by the way, also a performance-related problem.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Computer performance related problems, I can't solve. As I have said; Rijndam 2020 is a very big network, and your computer has a lot of work to do, especially if the network is filled with traffic.
The problem with cabs on AI that do not shut off during activities at the end of the line (which occurs totally at random) is a known problem; I have mentioned that to Michiel before 3.14 was released, but there is no solution for it. The only advise I can give is to not run the simulation at high speed (like 16x real time or faster; give the computer more opportunity to calculate the actions in each timestep).
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

I think you set these settings to the lowest (textures, terrain, objects), which makes some objects disappear.
Or your graphics card is not performing well enough, could you give us your specification of your PC and your graphics card.
metrosimfan

Post by metrosimfan »

Sjoerd wrote: 18 May 2018, 22:46
metrosimfan wrote: 18 May 2018, 22:22 Hello, I have some problems with the Rijndam 2020 map.
First; the 81-717 can not go to Denia. Is has no pantograph, so it can not use overhead wires. If there is no 3rd rail, if won't do anything.
Second; make sure you deactivate the driver cab before moving to the other end of the train. If more then one cab is active, the train won't move.
Make sure you ONLY use trains equiped with ZUB train protection on line M1, if you travel further then Nobelplein. So the 5500/5600/5700 series RET metro's (type SG3).
Train types with only ATB on board are NOT able to run on ZUB controlled lines (Nobelplein - Panbos and Transferium Rijndijk - Denia).
Hey, I know, that the 81-717 can't go to Denia. I mean, that the cab in direction Denia is farther active. (Not that the train really drives to Denia ;) )
I use the included "AI-Weekday"-scenario. I haven't modified that, yet. So there should drive the right trains...

Thanks for answer!
Have I ever said, that my english competitions are horrible?