Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

LosAngelesMetro56

Re: Rijndam

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

I guess trains share 1 track in the area, it is a small bug.
This is now a dead account.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

[quote][/quote] Rijndam Airport Terminal 4 opens, and thus the Airport shuttle: 2006
Lines out of Rijndam Noorderpoort converted to be metro-like, and a bunch of stops open: 2006-07
Link tunnel from Rijndam Airport opens, and the Noorderpoort terminus is demolished,
during this time, trains from Panbos terminate at Nobelplein: 2009
Link tunnel for trains from Panbos opens, terminating at Nobelplein ends: 2010

Trains from/to Panbos was opened in 2006. And the tunnel opened in 2009.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Is there more stuff from the 80s to fuel my metro sim hunger?
(like a vid or something, I'm convinced that the seen most of the 2018 route,
plus I guess most of it changes little, idk, I'm waiting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Is there something special you want to see from Rijndam 1985?

In the mean time, another 2018 picture :D ;
Attachments
Rijndam 143.jpg
Rijndam 143.jpg (65.75 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote:Is there something special you want to see from Rijndam 1985?

In the mean time, another 2018 picture :D ;
Is that near Centraal Station?

In Rijndam 1985 I'll suggest you a bus network replacing the trains, while some routes are being reconverted for the metro network, or perhaps an special cargo service, from the Airport to Noorderport, Noordvliet or Freightyard Bergenseweg (for example: transport of fuel for the planes, or pieces for the aircrafts maintenance, as it happens with some airports around the world).
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote:Is that near Centraal Station?
It is between Beestenmarkt and Blauwpoortsbrug, on line M2.
In Rijndam 1985 I'll suggest you a bus network replacing the trains, while some routes are being reconverted for the metro network, or perhaps an special cargo service, from the Airport to Noorderport, Noordvliet or Freightyard Bergenseweg (for example: transport of fuel for the planes, or pieces for the aircrafts maintenance, as it happens with some airports around the world).
In Rijndam 1985 there are cargo tracks at the Airport (location: the M4 depot in later Rijndam years), Rijndam Noorderpoort (beyond track 715, and opposite the Metro connecting track), and Noordvliet (location: the transportmuseum in later years). How you use them is up to you.

You can use them to shunt away metro units you are not using, but beware of possible vandalism :lol:
Attachments
Grafiti.jpg
Grafiti.jpg (231.11 KiB) Viewed 4717 times
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote:
Alfacinha315 wrote:Is that near Centraal Station?
It is between Beestenmarkt and Blauwpoortsbrug, on line M2.
In Rijndam 1985 there are cargo tracks at the Airport (location: the M4 depot in later Rijndam years), Rijndam Noorderpoort (beyond track 715, and opposite the Metro connecting track), and Noordvliet (location: the transportmuseum in later years). How you use them is up to you.

You can use them to shunt away metro units you are not using, but beware of possible vandalism :lol:
Nothing new for me, so... :lol:

I am waiting for the new line M2 extension!! :D

(that SG2 looks to be demolished, after being retired from service)
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
MattH

Post by MattH »

i guess i will like to see the station that's changed the most and it's station sign (eras of station and sign)
personally I would use tile art instead of pictures on the station sign, but that's my opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are you using the older style tunnels in 1985?
also, how far along are you?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MattH wrote:i guess i will like to see the station that's changed the most and it's station sign (eras of station and sign)
personally I would use tile art instead of pictures on the station sign, but that's my opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Multiple stations have been changed to make them look older. Like Garenmarkt for example;

https://s26.postimg.org/q9w9kdfpl/Rijndam_144.jpg

Tile art? Never thought of it. I like the idea (for one or two stationsigns), but at this moment, I do knot know if I can make it.
Are you using the older style tunnels in 1985?
No, I have not replaced the tunnels with older syle versions, except in one place where the track layout has changed in such a way that rebuilding was neccesary anyway:

https://s26.postimg.org/o6lucpfwp/Rijndam_145.jpg

As I see it, once a tunnel has been build, it is unrealistic to assume they will be changed with a more modern look later; why spend money on something the passangers won't see anyway? They would only do that if newer trains need a wider passage, but that is not the case here. So only the Simvlietlaan - Centraal Station part of the underground network uses the oldest style tunnels, as this is the oldest part of the network.
also, how far along are you?
In fact, it is pretty much finished. I am just waiting for a few new objects. While waiting, I am adding some more scenery to some parts of Rijndam 2018. Not neccesary for the release, but so that I have something to do, and to make it look better ;)
Last edited by Sjoerd on 15 Apr 2017, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Sjoerd wrote: Multiple stations have been changed to make them look older. Like Garenmarkt for example;

https://s26.postimg.org/q9w9kdfpl/Rijndam_144.jpg
Tile art? Never thought of it. I like the idea (for one or two stationsigns), but at this moment, I do knot know if I can make it.
J'adore :lol: