Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

MattH wrote: 28 Apr 2017, 21:20 So does that mean there would be no speed lights on, or what? What does the AI run the trains at? 80? 100?
What about the Panbos line? (I guess the '80' lamp would be on, except in short sections of 40km/h where the '40' lamp will be on)
The AI runs the Bursa 5200 train at 80 km/h (in the 100 km/h section, with ATB-EG code 130), and yes, the speed lights in the cab are off.
The speedometer in the cab doesn't go above 80, so the AI won't run it any faster then that.
On the Panbos line, the train recieves 80 from the ATB-EG (on sections where that is the max speed), and displays it in the cab.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MP 85

Re : Rijndam

Post by MP 85 »

Sjoerd wrote: 28 Apr 2017, 21:07 Indeed. And as the ATB-EG system does not have a code for 100, it transmits "130" (although the speed limit is still 100). So when running here, the cabine won't display a speed limit. But not to worry; the AI does not run the 5200's at 130 km/h :D
You will not forget to put this :lol: Image
Last edited by MP 85 on 29 Apr 2017, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Perhaps I'll put this one everywhere, and put the RET-ATB in place to enforce it..... :twisted:
Attachments
Geel25.jpg
Geel25.jpg (195.53 KiB) Viewed 4460 times
MattH

Post by MattH »

So I guess the timetable is compensated for the slower trains? (I guessed that the SG2 type trains could only run at 80km/h, also that's lots of speed limits...)
Is the 'clear' cab speed limits basically the line speed rounded up to 40/60/80/130?

I don't think that reduction warning sign is necessary unless the speed drop is drastic :lol: (RET-ATB? that's funny)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The RET ATB system is actually LZB801, but the RET calls it ATB. Therefore, I call it RET-ATB in order not to confuse it with the railways' ATB-EG system. ;)

The ATB-EG system uses 40/60/80/130. So when the speed limit is not exactly one of those speeds, the ATB will use the speed it knows closest above that. The rule is; the most restrictive signal counts. So if the ATB says 80, and the speed signs along the track say 70, then you should run at no more then 70. Same with 100 and 130. :)

That yellow 25 sign is because the turn in the distance is for max 30 km/h. But the speed limit on the line here is 40, so you have to slow down, and you have to remind drivers to do so.
MattH

Post by MattH »

I mean, if the speed limit *is* '70' the NS-ATB will display '80' but the real limit would be 70, so in essence if the speed limit is 25, the cab speed would be '40' (as that's the lowest speed displayable with ATB-EG). But using the LZB pre-museum-line is a bit weird...

As I don't know what the policy in Netherland is with speed warnings, I'm letting you off on this one, but in that picture I can see the 25 speed limit board, the limit is not drastic and is on a slow line (40km/h) I don't think there would be a warning board irl. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

I wonder how many types of ATB systems are there... I like to have visual signals at switches. I also wonder if commuter passenger trains are a work in progress... Lots of my wondering from here and there. If the commutes are released anytime soon, you know what to do. ;)
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MattH wrote: 28 Apr 2017, 22:34 I mean, if the speed limit *is* '70' the NS-ATB will display '80' but the real limit would be 70, so in essence if the speed limit is 25, the cab speed would be '40' (as that's the lowest speed displayable with ATB-EG). But using the LZB pre-museum-line is a bit weird...

As I don't know what the policy in Netherland is with speed warnings, I'm letting you off on this one, but in that picture I can see the 25 speed limit board, the limit is not drastic and is on a slow line (40km/h) I don't think there would be a warning board irl. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The museumline in Rijndam 2016/2018 is a simple freight branch in Rijndam 1985. Most of it is outside ATB control (drive on sight).

Not displaying a change in maximum allowed speed along the track if the change is not drastic? Are you actually serious??
If there where no speedsigns, and some speed-related accident happens, that would make for an interesting liability issue...
Safety above all, especially when dealing with heavy trains. ;)
MattH

Post by MattH »

What I meant is WARNING about the speed, not the speed itself, ie speed warning signs (downward pointing triangle); hope I've made myself clear.
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

For 2018, I think the road crossing at the M2/3 junction as well as the road crossing near Monument should have overhead lights so backed up traffic knows what's up.
This is now a dead account.