Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

MP 85 wrote: 11 Jun 2017, 20:06 Good work :) , a small question what are the frequencies of the line M1 (Noorderpoort-Panbos) and M4
I think that will be obvious; for the metro network, I prefer a basic frequency of every 10 minutes. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Sjoerd wrote: 11 Jun 2017, 20:51 I think that will be obvious; for the metro network, I prefer a basic frequency of every 10 minutes. ;)
That's all I wanted to know, I'm looking forward to rijndam 2006 ;) (I'm patient for the next release.)
emil84

Post by emil84 »

How the trains operates on the diesel powered line to denia? There are an ai service?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

emil84 wrote: 11 Jun 2017, 21:40 How the trains operates on the diesel powered line to denia? There are an ai service?
The short-term solution is to define the presence of a 3rd rail, but not actually build it. In essence; tricking the metro into thinking it recieves 3rd rail power. So you can lower your pantograph at Rijndam Zuid, and run the rest of the way 'on batteries' :lol:
But perhaps 3.12 gives me other options later. ;)
emil84

Post by emil84 »

Ok 😄
MattH

Post by MattH »

Are there any parody nokia advertisements in 2006? :D

Something I would like to see is the old style TBAs on the railway lines in 2006. (I've checked, and in 2016 there are TBAs on the train platforms at Westplein; Centraal Station may have the newer DRIMs in 2006.)

What's different between 2006 and 2016 apart the modelled train lines? (If the area around Transferium Rijndijk was modelled in 2016, I would guess construction for the metro line could be seen)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MattH wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 22:27 Are there any parody nokia advertisements in 2006? :D
New advertisements have not been made yet.
Something I would like to see is the old style TBAs on the railway lines in 2006. (I've checked, and in 2016 there are TBAs on the train platforms at Westplein; Centraal Station may have the newer DRIMs in 2006.)
At present, the modern style DRIMs are used. I do like the old style ones, but they have a big downside; they do not show the departure time (so as a passenger, you never know; will the train depart in 5 minutes, or in a hour?).
Because of this, if used on the railwaylines, they would always show the same (you would never see them work), as the next train from the same platform will have the same destination. With the modern style DRIMs, as least the departure time indicator keeps changing.
What's different between 2006 and 2016 apart the modelled train lines? (If the area around Transferium Rijndijk was modelled in 2016, I would guess construction for the metro line could be seen)
For example, at Noorderpoort, the track layout has been changed in order to allow for the use of this station as a terminus for RSG2's from the Airport and Panbos, and there are a few more changes.

When I made Rijndam 2016, the area around Transferium Rijndijk was not build, as I had not even thought of it yet. Combining different route parts (adding area's of scenery from the 2018 network into the 2016 network) is not possible, so there won't be a Rijndam 2016 with building in progress.
In Rijndam 2006 (which I am building using Rijndam 2018 as a basis), the transferium is present, but only in use as a busstation. In between the highway lanes, there are just some tries.
emil84

Post by emil84 »

It's beautiful to see the history of rjindam and the evolution of the metro from 1985 to 2020!
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

So yesterday I was returning to home from my work when I saw a SG4 near Rijndam Zuid for the first time of my life...

I was so curious about that rare situation and drove until Rijndam Zuid, where in 2020 trains will run on commercial services...

After take pictures to the train I continue driving to my home, at Westplein. However, I saw it again, but arriving at Rijndam Centraal...

I arrived at the station and ran to platform 4, where this SG4 would stop. I saw the same train engineer and he asked me if I would like to enter on the train until Molenwijk, where RijndamRail company shares the same depot with metro network. Obsiously I said yes, althought my car was bad stationed due to the race until the station to spot the train.

So after an animated conversation inside the train I saw the terrains of the future Rijndam Molenwijk railway station, but it was too late to take an picture... :| However I still had time to take another picture to SG4, but stationed at Molenwijk depot.

They let me riding on the train back to Rijndam Centraal, where I took my car again, and I got home tired, one hour later than the habitual, but so happy because I registered an rare event on Rijndam! :D

* The end * ;)
Last edited by Alfacinha315 on 13 Jun 2017, 12:06, edited 3 times in total.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Nice report, well done! :)