dave9876543210

Re: Rijndam

Post by dave9876543210 »

Well I've found the nemesis of the AI gaps in the overhead wire
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

If Rijndam had Intercity trains, what would be the services? :P
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Simvliet, Briel and Nederdam of course :P
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 16:14 If Rijndam had Intercity trains, what would be the services? :P
...and maybe also from Rotterdam and Glasgow. ;)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

This might be exposed here, but why some trains have a glitch on the cab door, showing opened outside and closed inside? On the RijndamRail trains, only 9001 has this problem...
Attachments
Bug SG4.jpg
Bug SG4.jpg (175.28 KiB) Viewed 4606 times
Bug SG4_1.jpg
Bug SG4_1.jpg (152.57 KiB) Viewed 4606 times
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That is because the RijndamRail SG4 uses the RET SG3 components. Michiel changed the parts to add a moving cab door to the SG3, but I do not have the configuration file for that, so I could not add it in (resulting in an open doorway when viewed from the activated cab). I'll try to fix it for the next release of the simulator, if I can find out the needed information. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

Do you consider the T3 line as a fast tram line?
Basically, this line runs through many sections on a separate rails ;) .
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

metrolord wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 08:21 Do you consider the T3 line as a fast tram line?
I consider it a regional tram line (where T1 and T2 are just urban lines).
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Sjoerd wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 09:52
metrolord wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 08:21 Do you consider the T3 line as a fast tram line?
I consider it a regional tram line (where T1 and T2 are just urban lines).
Just the same as lines 3 and 4 from the HTM. Those are also regional tram lines. Those are RR (Randstadrail) tramlines. They use the Alstom Regiocitadis.
brozma

Post by brozma »

So I took a look on both versions of Rijndam 2022 and they're nicely done. The tram line T3 is exactly how I imagined it to be in Rijndam 2020 during release of Beta 3.14. To be honest, The new T3 line reminds me of interurban tram expressway between Liberec and Jablonec nad Nisou cities, because the new T3 line runs between two cities (Rijndam and Denia) and speed of trams is really high (100 km/h).
A little tip for everyone: The bridge between Statenpolder and Kanalstraat stations can be raised by the same method like bridge between Deallertweg and Rijndamsebaan (I won't tell how it's done. It's easter egg). ;)
Also (you can call me a saboteur or plaything person* :P ) but I took a ride on a new T3 line with both KTM 23 and KTM 31. As I expected, ATB gave me 10 permissief after crossing signal light behind Kanalstraat station so I had to enable ATB/ZUB bypass and kept going. The trams mentioned above went only 72 km/h and after reaching the Westwoud I turned back and went to the old tram terminal at Transferium Rijndijk.

Well the most funny part in light version of Rijndam 2022 was, when I tried to explore the closed part to the Rijndam Zuid. So I spawned 2 SG2/1 set path to the one of the closed rails and went in. At first nothing weird happening, only ATB kept me at 40 km/h, but I thought it's on purpose so I kept going. After few meters I saw two signs telling me to stop. I was like: "This can't stop me! :twisted: " and kept going expecting, that I'll clip through them, but when I reached those signs and was about to ram into them. Train suddenly stopped as it crashed into something invisible. I was like:"What! :shock: What the [censored]!" So I set throttle to 1.00 and tried to "bust" trough, but train kept bouncing back. So I stopped the train completely and looked below rails, and to my surprise, there were stopblocks hidden below rails, blocking my path. I started laughing, because I realized, how dumb I was and I didn't know that Sjoerd proabably secured those closed areas to prevend rubbernecks** like me to get in and (possibly) derail.

*Plaything person=The person who likes to experiment and tries new things.
**Rubberneck=A curious person. Sometimes causing trouble by it's curiosity.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English