Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

metrolord

Re: Rijndam

Post by metrolord »

MattH wrote: 14 May 2018, 16:20
MP 85 wrote: 14 May 2018, 05:21 I noticed that the destination display was missing in SG4 :?
Same; the Rijndam Rail stop-train has a glitchy destination sign and a one-way cab door

Airport Shuttle train is rather glitchy, it has both the problems with the 'stop-train', but it also has glitch textures

This a glitch, but a this train is super with a this glitch texture :D
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That one-way door problem can not be fixed until a new release, as that would require replacing files in the existing 000-file. This is not possible. The fix I have designed will only add the missing data for the destinations displays.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

This door exceeds all the laws of physics :twisted:
The driver can observe you without you knowing
SG4 Doors (1).jpg
SG4 Doors (1).jpg (118.01 KiB) Viewed 4932 times
SG4 Doors (2).JPG
SG4 Doors (2).JPG (65.41 KiB) Viewed 4929 times
luka23

Post by luka23 »

I thought I didn't see it properly but I have the same SG4 issue!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes yes it is a known issue. But as I said a few posts back; it can't be fixed in 3.14 as replacing files in an existing 000-file is not possible.
Koppara

Post by Koppara »

I wish to see a big AI Activity in the future, like the "AI Mega" in Simvliet.
I'd love to see every line in work and plenty of metros :) Is this easy to do if I try myself?
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

They used to exist in 3.12 iirc were all activities had full traffic on all lines. However, it would often hit the limits of the available trains in the game and also it would cause bad performance on many PCs that had not so good hardware, because on screen or not, the game is continuesly calculating the track for all trains in the network.
Its probably possible to copy over the activities from an old version, obviously with a malfunctioning line M5 and no 717s on M6 and M4.

So to make them work you would need to correct the M5 part for either SG3 to work with the platforms being on the other side, or Citylinks to be spawned and trains on line M4 and M6 to be either 717s or take out the panto commands on line M4 if you keep SG3s

That said, activity editing isn't super user friendly, so will take you as a newcomer some time to get that done.

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Koppara wrote: 16 May 2018, 17:32 I wish to see a big AI Activity in the future, like the "AI Mega" in Simvliet.
I'd love to see every line in work and plenty of metros :) Is this easy to do if I try myself?
There already is; the "Marathon" activities in Rijndam 2018 feature high frequencies.

No, this is not easy; You have to make a complete timetable for each individual train and code that in XML. This is not like in MS Train Simulator, which had an editor and you could just say "a train from A to B every 5 minutes". In Metrosimulator, you have to code everything yourself in XML language, and trains do not disappear at the end of a trip; you need to take reversing times and track availability into account too.
An activity like "AI Mega".... can get mega-complicated. :D Especially in Rijndam, which is a more complicated network then Simvliet.
Activity building at an advanced level. ;)
Koppara

Post by Koppara »

Yeah, I remember few years back I tried to do my own timetable (when there was only a basic layout of simvliet :D ) and it was very complicated to me. As the system is same still, I have to pass it :D Maybe I'll take my time and learn it properly some day. Thanks for the reply!
I don't think hardware performance would be issue for me @MetroSimGermany

Also one thing that I haven't understand in these years is that is there a 'proper' way to couple/decouple? Whether it is arcade or realistic mode, I just drive at a fairly low speed to the other train and they couple. Is this a right way or is there an actual strategy or a way to do it?
Well I think there is only one way to decouple, but coupling mainly
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Well this is kinda off topic, but lemme answer your question anyways...

The Metro trains are equipped with "Schaku" automatic couplers. Schaku couplers are designed so that they indeed only need to bump into each other, then they automatically snap together and couple. Decoupling is possible fairly fast as well. Thus Schakus are useful for Metros and other rapid transit trains where easy coupling and decoupling is nessecary. The only difference as far as I know that realistic mode brings is that you have to have a minimum speed for the Schaku to couple with the other and not just bump at it. Wether this is realistic or not, idk, I'm not a train driver.

The game however only implements this mechanic, so this kind of coupling is not realistic for the trams (which are afaik the only verhicle not using Schakus atm) as they have manual couplers that first of all would require opening the train nose, and then connect them by hand. To be honest though, all train sims I have played so far (apart from a few scripted trains in trainz that require you to manually click the couplers to couple) use a Schaku mechanic like MetroSim where you just have to drive onto another train and it automatically couples.

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)