Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 18:46 Would it be possible to add a little hut on a mainline at a small stabling site? Like this one as an example: http://michaelminn.net/railroads/system ... rected.jpg

A service platform for switching drivers between their shifts
I have never seen things like that here; if drivers need to switch, it is usually just done at a regular station. At stabling yards there are just walking paths between the tracks, and often (but not always) small movable stairs. Example: https://noomen.files.wordpress.com/2016 ... .jpg?w=700
And for freight trains; I have never seen them switch drivers on-route (unless the two drivers are already on the same locomotive and they just switch places).
After all; the country is not big; In 2007, I got the opportunity to go along with a heavy freight train (coal or iron ore, one of the two) from the port of Rotterdam (in the west) to Venlo (on the eastern border, with Germany). The trip took about 4 hours. At Venlo, the locomotives were uncoupled (for a German locomotive to take over the train), and we where shunted in front of an empty train for the return trip (and to my delight; I got to drive it! :P The actual train driver was just sitting on the other side of the driver cab, relaxing with some coffee... :lol: )
To the other side of the country and back in the same duty shift ;)

A few pictures of that trip;
https://i.postimg.cc/wTDqWXN5/6471-1.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/DZWF1LFX/6471-2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/dtcvThfh/6471-5.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/fymNrsVW/6471-6.jpg
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MattH

Post by MattH »

Can you increase the speed of the tram-tunnels between Oranjeboomstraat and Steenstraat to 60km/h, and possibly banking and increasing the speed between Brielselaan and Dagobertlaan to 50km/h? Having the tram-tunnels slow negates an obvious advantage tram-tunnels have, other than traffic (which is not modelled :lol: 8-) )

In 1985, Can you extend the Noorderpoort railway sidings to the road, and extend the platforms at Rijndam Airport to allow 6-car trains to fit (for expos and the like)?

On the heavy-rail lines there is not enough satisfyingly long sidings for Intercity trains. (there is only 1 siding near RDC that can hold 2x HSM sets) (the Noorderpoortlijnen don't count because they are only local lines)

Which way are the destinations Amsterdam, Brussels and Simvliet in relation to Rijndam? And can those destinations be added to 2006&2018 eras?
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

MattH wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 04:21 And can those destinations be added to 2006&2018 eras?
Are you joking right?
DaanSGMm

Post by DaanSGMm »

Is there any way to quickly make it day in the AI activities?
hello there :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Either use time acceleration to speed up the entire activity, or just open the ACT-file for that activity and change all the times by a few hours 8-)
DaanSGMm

Post by DaanSGMm »

Sjoerd wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 13:18 Either use time acceleration to speed up the entire activity, or just open the ACT-file for that activity and change all the times by a few hours 8-)
Thanks! But when I change the times, Can I change the trains from 23:00 to 01:00 or would that ruin the act? :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

If you change the times, you should change ALL times in the ACT-file by the same amount (later or earlier). Be aware that the time in the simulator starts at 00:00 and does not reset after 23:59:59 (but continues 24:00:00, 24:00:01, 24:00:02, and so on). So the time "01:00" is always earlier (en never later) then "23:00". "01:00" after "23:00" would therefore need to be "25:00".
DaanSGMm

Post by DaanSGMm »

Sjoerd wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 14:45 If you change the times, you should change ALL times in the ACT-file by the same amount (later or earlier). Be aware that the time in the simulator starts at 00:00 and does not reset after 23:59:59 (but continues 24:00:00, 24:00:01, 24:00:02, and so on). So the time "01:00" is always earlier (en never later) then "23:00". "01:00" after "23:00" would therefore need to be "25:00".
Oh I get it, thanks a lot Sjoerd! :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

A small change in the Rijndam 2022 (v1.3) Molenwijk depot track layout.
As stated earlier, RijndamRail can get maintenance services at the sidings next to the Molenwijk metro depot. With a new series of doubledecker trains, it can be desirable to get easier acces to the main maintenance facility (rather then shunting around a lot).
As not all tracks in the workshop are needed for metro rolling stock, a small change has been made to create direct acces from the train tracks to the workshop's two short tracks (each long enough for one RR-DDM train). :)
The other 4 (through) tracks remain in use for the metro system. If needed, the two short workshop tracks can ofcourse still be reached from the metro system... but that would require shunting around a bit with a locomotive. :D

<Swaggerboy>

Post by <Swaggerboy> »

Sjoerd wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 22:48 A small change in the Rijndam 2022 (v1.3) Molenwijk depot track layout.
As stated earlier, RijndamRail can get maintenance services at the sidings next to the Molenwijk metro depot. With a new series of doubledecker trains, it can be desirable to get easier acces to the main maintenance facility (rather then shunting around a lot).
As not all tracks in the workshop are needed for metro rolling stock, a small change has been made to create direct acces from the train tracks to the workshop's two short tracks (each long enough for one RR-DDM train). :)
The other 4 (through) tracks remain in use for the metro system. If needed, the two short workshop tracks can ofcourse still be reached from the metro system... but that would require shunting around a bit with a locomotive. :D

It looks great!! Is there an rough idea of the release date??