Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MattH

Re: Rijndam

Post by MattH »

Rijndam 2006 has 2 "Niet Instappen"s on the roll (of two different types, only the black background one should be used) (I know some metro systems have multiple 'not taking passengers' destinations for convenience :) )
Block 101 to A33 leaves a false detection in 2006
Bergenseweg's quayside spur track should use whistle posts instead of S-signs (esp. at the unequipped crossing)
1985's Molenwijk level crossing should be CVL activated (or replaced by a footbridge/tunnel)

2006, 2018, 2020 - signals don't wait for level crossings if stopped at signal (Nobel-plein city-bound)
2006, 2018, 2020 - Trains get emergency braked on green signal when running wrong-line at and near Arendstraat
2006, 2018, 2020 - Nobel-plein induction loops not working
2006, 2018, 2020 - Level crossing near Arendstraat does not lower in-time for passing trains (empty stock, etc..)
1985, (2006?,) 2018, 2020 - Mounds of grass growing thru roads
2020 - Houtweg doesn't have ticket validators/barriers and; 2006, 2018, 2020 - there is a tree growing in the entrance to Houtweg station :?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MattH wrote: 06 Oct 2017, 15:11 Rijndam 2006 has 2 "Niet Instappen"s on the roll (of two different types, only the black background one should be used) (I know some metro systems have multiple 'not taking passengers' destinations for convenience :) )
Solved by making the red version black.
Block 101 to A33 leaves a false detection in 2006
Solved.
Bergenseweg's quayside spur track should use whistle posts instead of S-signs (esp. at the unequipped crossing)
Solved.
1985's Molenwijk level crossing should be CVL activated (or replaced by a footbridge/tunnel)
Solved.
2006, 2018, 2020 - signals don't wait for level crossings if stopped at signal (Nobel-plein city-bound)
Solved; the signal now waits until the crossing is activated before it can show amber or green. But this made it necessary to make the crossing activate earlier, to prevent the metro from passing an amber signal (causing the ZUB to slow it down) on approach when all is clear. Therefore, the crossing will be closed longer for road traffic.
2006, 2018, 2020 - Trains get emergency braked on green signal when running wrong-line at and near Arendstraat
Solved.
2006, 2018, 2020 - Nobel-plein induction loops not working
Solved.
2006, 2018, 2020 - Level crossing near Arendstraat does not lower in-time for passing trains (empty stock, etc..)
Solved by lowering the speed limit in one direction around Arendstraat. Normal service trains are not influenced by this, as they have to stop anyway.
1985, (2006?,) 2018, 2020 - Mounds of grass growing thru roads
That was a defect which was caused by the adaptation of the possible properties on a road object at one of the simulator (editor) updates. I had to re-set a lot of roads, but I believe I got hem all. So: already solved before 3.12 came out. If you are still seeing it, you probably loaded the 000-file into an older release of the simulator? If not; where did you see this defect?
2020 - Houtweg doesn't have ticket validators/barriers and; 2006, 2018, 2020 - there is a tree growing in the entrance to Houtweg station :?
I never build a station entrance on the surface there. The only reason there is some surface scenery, is because the railwayline runs close past it. If I where to complete the station entrance, I would build a surface building with a ticket hall, containing portals. However; that wouldn't be visible from the metro platform. And from the railway; it is just a side street, only visible between other buildings, which you pass at full speed. I do not see much added value there.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
vittorio

Post by vittorio »

Is the upgrade up to date?
MattH

Post by MattH »

Sjoerd wrote: 07 Oct 2017, 00:41 That was a defect which was caused by the adaptation of the possible properties on a road object at one of the simulator (editor) updates. I had to re-set a lot of roads, but I believe I got them all. So: already solved before 3.12 came out. If you are still seeing it, you probably loaded the 000-file into an older release of the simulator? If not; where did you see this defect?
I've seen glitchy grass mounds everywhere in Rijndam

Near Transferium Rijndijk and near Bergenseweg are glitch hotspots, as far as I know
(there are also glitches in Simvliet :shock: )
I've reinstalled Metro Simulator (without HSM/3 car M/SG2 trains), and the glitchy grass is still there...

Transferium Rijndijk's roof is partially missing -

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

All the displayed glitches have been found and solved. :)
MattH

Post by MattH »

Garenmarkt's south entrance/exit can't be accessed from platform 2

What's the use of RCS3? (there should be a crossover near Simvlietlaan)

I would like some intercity/regional destinations on the DRIM (IC Rijndam Centraal, IC Simvliet Centraal, IC Alicante, RT Alicante, RT Rijndam Central, etc.) to fill room in activities with the HSM & other trains

Can there be destinations for Rijndam South & Buitenvelden on the bursas?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MattH wrote: 08 Oct 2017, 18:31 Garenmarkt's south entrance/exit can't be accessed from platform 2
And Utrecht Centraal platforms 18, 19, 20 and 21 can not be accessed from the Noordertunnel station entrance, so nothing new there :D ).
That exit at Garenmarkt is just a direct acces from/into one of the buildings above. From/to the other platform; just use the main entrance.
What's the use of RCS3? (there should be a crossover near Simvlietlaan)
What does RCS3 have to do with Simvlietlaan? RCS3 is an M2/M3 track, and Simvlietlaan is two stations away on line M1. :?:
I would like some intercity/regional destinations on the DRIM (IC Rijndam Centraal, IC Simvliet Centraal, IC Alicante, RT Alicante, RT Rijndam Central, etc.) to fill room in activities with the HSM & other trains.
I'll think about it. ;)
MattH

Post by MattH »

Sjoerd wrote: 08 Oct 2017, 19:32 What does RCS3 have to do with Simvlietlaan? RCS3 is an M2/M3 track, and Simvlietlaan is two stations away on line M1. :?:
Interlocking RCS3 is kinda too close to Central station, and the work crossover should be near Simvlietlaan.
Sjoerd wrote: 08 Oct 2017, 19:32
I would like some intercity/regional destinations on the DRIM (IC Rijndam Centraal, IC Simvliet Centraal, IC Alicante, RT Alicante, RT Rijndam Central, etc.) to fill room in activities with the HSM & other trains.
I'll think about it. ;)
I'm building my own activities, so yeah... (I'm in the process of building the 2018 timetable, 2006 & 2020 will come later, and all of them will have intercity services)
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

You mean Houtweg, not Simvlietlaan.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MattH wrote: 08 Oct 2017, 20:31 Interlocking RCS3 is kinda too close to Central station, and the work crossover should be near Simvlietlaan.
Ah, you mean junction RCS3, not track RCS3 :D

That junction is ment to make all tracks at Central Station reachable when comming from Molenwijk. If you are at track 113, you can't go to 114 or 214 (platform tracks RCS1 and RCS2) anymore. But starting at Houtweg, and using junction RCS3, you can.
So if you want to run a service Molenwijk - Central Station, and you can't use the middle tracks at Central Station in order to reverse at track 808, you can use junction RCS3, and use the outer platforms (CVL-tracks 114 and 414, platform tracks RCS1 and RCS4) to reverse and go back. ;)