Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

WoGar

Re: Rijndam

Post by WoGar »

Sjoerd wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 22:02
Sgt_DeBones wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 21:41 Could it be possible to bypass the restoration of the Panbos railway and just double track the right of way, 1 for RR and 1 for light rail? If the railroad isn't to continue beyond Panbos and instead branch off to the airport before then, is it possible to build a flyover for the metro tracks over the RR tracks?

I would like to keep the Panbos corridor for metros.
If I did this (not planning it right now...), I would do it as I think it would be realistic. And on this stretch of track, train and metro next to each other would be a bit much I think (after all; the passenger potential for the last few stops of M1 isn't so high it deserves a train on top of a metro line).
So I would end M1 at Noordvliet, let the train continue, and let the railway make a turn to the right after Panbos, soon to go below ground to connect to the underground railway station at the airport.
Perhaps the route between Noordvliet and the Airport can be double track and used by both. After Panbos the train continues to the airport. The train will only call at Rijnwoude between. The catanary will be 25kV and the metro get a third rail.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Exactly the point I was trying to make except the tracks for M1 stays electrified with overhead wires or else crossings would need to be eliminated.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
WoGar

Post by WoGar »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 12 Dec 2019, 15:35 Exactly the point I was trying to make except the tracks for M1 stays electrified with overhead wires or else crossings would need to be eliminated.
No problem. On the route between Noorderpoort and 's-Gravendijk there is also a crossing with a third rail. And if the platform doesn't fit because the train is wider, there could be a situation like the Dutch Hoekse line and the Simvliet metro D.
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

The level crossing west of 's-Gravendijk is the only one to be crossed by a third-rail line on the Metro Rijndam network (as well as anywhere in Metro Simulator). This was because this was part of the railway network until 2006 and was electrified at 1500v DC overhead (although the Rijndam Airport and Panbos to Noorderpoort railway wasn't connected to the rest of the railway network).
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

AlistairCowell wrote: 12 Dec 2019, 18:00 The level crossing west of 's-Gravendijk is the only one to be crossed by a third-rail line on the Metro Rijndam network (as well as anywhere in Metro Simulator).
You forgot the crossing at Muziekwijk (M1) in Rijndam 1985, and the crossing at Station Westplein (M2/M3) in all Rijndam versions ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

The thing is, grade separation is expensive. So is converting an OCS to 3rd rail. M4 was already converted from light rail to heavy rail. I'd like to keep M1 electrified with overhead wires. 3rd rail risks trespassers' lives if they aren't dumb enough. It's a hazard for crossings.
Laurentz von Ungarn

Post by Laurentz von Ungarn »

I don't think the RijndamRail should be shared with the Metro M1. My idea was to keep the RijdamRail going from Noordvliet with a tunnel ti South of Rijnwoude, and arrive to Rijdam Airport station next to the line M4 tunnel. And there would be a station, "Rijnwoude Zuid". And leave the M1 as it is.

But now let's deal with the Channel Tunnel line.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Well, it's up to the RijndamRail and RET board of directors (Sjoerd) to decide what will be final.
MetroRio

Post by MetroRio »

I would prefer the line from NS Rijndam Airport station was extended to a new destination like Hoofddorp after Schiphol. Other things is that the NS station could get a new island platform and though keep sprinters and intercity apart (that would probably need quadrupling the tracks from Rijndam Centraal to Airport). The new destination could be inspired by Hoofddorp station and maybe some others after as well, but keeping the Hoofddorp inspired as a terminus for sprinters from Ypenburg. After this station you could have some sidings for reversal or maybe a full depot for NS trains.
Cheers from Rio de Janeiro :D
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

I noticed a problem with the AI on the NVT4 track at Noordvilet, AI do not deactivate the cabin when the train arrives at its terminus, suddenly you could take a look @Sjoerd
The problem occurs on Rijdam 2022 v1.3.1