Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

AlistairCowell

Re: Rijndam

Post by AlistairCowell »

Sorry to hear about your computer and the loss of some of your files. I went through the same thing a couple of years ago which spelt the cancellation of updating the Northern Line and also LT1992 and 1995 Tube Stocks for MSTS. I think there will be a delay of Rijndam 2022 v1.3 release as a result.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Yeah, I also sorry about what happened with your computer and all the progress of the new railwayline, Sjoerd.
I don't care if we won't have Rijndam 2022 v1.3 on beta 3.15... You can release it later as an add-on.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

There will be a 1.3.... It probably just won't have everything I wanted/hoped it would have. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

So only ICM and the route between Ypenburg and Zeeburg for non-HSL trains will be out of the new version?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I am hoping I can re-do the ICM in the coming weeks. I haven't looked yet what I actually still have in the backup, so I do not exactly know the extent of the damage yet.
I think I have lost the drivers panel, the entire passenger interior (except for the walls/floor/ceiling), and the 4-car version.

As for the Rijndam network: the alternative Ypenburg to Zeeburg railway is lost. The HSL and Zeeburg Harbor side-line should still be intact.

If anyone knows a way of cracking Bitlocker (not having any codes to do it) without very expensive software....
There is no secret information on there (well, except for Metrosimulator's route editor and CVL editor :D ), the only reason I can't get to what is on it, is that "sorry bad luck we didn't save the codes" mistake by some IT-guys :evil:
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Well, yesterday dave9876543210 posted this link... https://www.m3datarecovery.com/bitlocke ... y-key.html

I am not an expert on this, but see if it helps.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 10:54 Well, yesterday dave9876543210 posted this link... https://www.m3datarecovery.com/bitlocke ... y-key.html

I am not an expert on this, but see if it helps.
It lists a few options:
  • Passware Password Recovery Kit - 875 USD
  • Elcomsoft Forensic Disk Decryptor - 599 Euro
  • Thegrideon Bitlocker Password - 29.95 USD. Yes, that's an acceptable price.... But; I also read: "BitLocker Password can be used to search for user-set passwords to unlock only." -> Damn.... I know for a fact that the (lost) code isn't user-set; it is a computer generated string of random letters and numbers. So although the price is acceptable, this tool won't be able to crack it.
Perhaps "Ontrack.com data recovery" (Company found on Google, not far away from here; they list Bitlocker on their site....) But their website says 295 - 795 euro for data recovery....
I'll just search a bit more. Perhaps send them an email to explain the situation and ask for a possible price later... (Perhaps those prices are more for recovery from physically damaged harddisks, while my problem is more software-based, and could just cost and hour labor and some further computer calculating time.)
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Does the crash mean that Rijndam Langoed is also consigned to history?
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes, at the moment it is. I can rebuild it, but I want to first try to see if data recovery in any way is still an option.
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Sjoerd wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 19:04 Yes, at the moment it is. I can rebuild it, but I want to first try to see if data recovery in any way is still an option.
Okay! Thanks!
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol: