Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:Where can you reskin the destination display?
You can only do that with the HSM (the file: MetroSimulator\Beta39\Data\Custom\Textures\HSMRRifi.png).

With the editor, I also have a file for the SG2 (2006/RSG2/Bursa) available, and one for the DRIMs; these are set route-specific: if you run your metro on the Simvliet route, you get Simvliet destinations. If you run on the Rijndam route, you get Rijndam destinations. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: But I can get a new one with a better graphics card finally :)
MetroSim runs on nearly every PC that has 3D Graphics. So no need for something that much better for MetroSim

Also, I think there will be a solution for the HSM as well, since I don´t Briel destinations in Simvliet...
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Sjoerd wrote:
With the editor, I also have a file for the SG2 (2006/RSG2/Bursa) available, and one for the DRIMs; these are set route-specific: if you run your metro on the Simvliet route, you get Simvliet destinations. If you run on the Rijndam route, you get Rijndam destinations. ;)
Sweet!
This is now a dead account.
LosAngelesMetro56

MetroSimGermany wrote: MetroSim runs on nearly every PC that has 3D Graphics. So no need for something that much better for MetroSim
My laptop's graphics card didn't load every detail. In the setup, all my settings were at max but the objects in game would bug in and out. Ex: Light Fading and Trees and the Tracks.
MetroSimGermany

@LosAngelesMetro56
Thats caused by AMD/ATI graphics, so I suggest you to look for either Intel On-Board or Nvidia.
But that is off-topic so please send me a PM or search for the AMD topic if you have further questions. I´m a native AMD user btw and have some experience with Intel graphics ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

;)
Last edited by Sjoerd on 27 Oct 2016, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
LosAngelesMetro56

Sjoerd wrote:;)
You killing me! :o :D
Now that I know overhead wires works in elevated sections.... :twisted: I'm literally in tears of joy!
LosAngelesMetro56

I hope in the future, you upgrade a 1 line to full overhead wires (I'm addicted to sky spiderweds on metro lines 'referring to Los Angeles Metro which is basically a fully overhead wire version of Simvlet') You should also right now add a "Testing" sign to the SG2s' destination desplay. Are you at prerevenue testing?
MetroSimGermany

He can't release it anyways because it uses 3.10 objects. Also he wants station signs to be included by michiel, probably Samuel also needs additional objects for Briel... Also, if the editor get's released, I don't think the raw data for Simvliet will be hold back. So you can overheadwirerise Simvliet yourself ;)

@Sjoerd: The concrete pillar inside the shrubbery does not really make me happy as a route designer :roll: Is it possible to move it a bit?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MetroSimGermany wrote: @Sjoerd: The concrete pillar inside the shrubbery does not really make me happy as a route designer :roll: Is it possible to move it a bit?
Actually it started to annoy me as well, after looking at the screenshot several times. Due to the location, moving the pillar was no option (you would just recreate the same problem on the right). Instead, I solved the problem by moving the hedge on the left side closer to the edge of the road, so it goes around the pillar. ;)
LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:You should also right now add a "Testing" sign to the SG2s' destination desplay.
The display already contains "Proefrit", which translates into English as "testrun" ;)
I hope in the future, you upgrade a 1 line to full overhead wires
At the moment, I have no plans for this. Perhaps only if Michiel decides to make an Utrecht tram for the simulator (the Utrecht tram system is of the same quality as the Sneltram sections in Rotterdam (and Metrosimulator), including the rolling stock), I will either add a full overhead whire line, or extend the overhead whire sections in Rijndam with a few extra stations.
But I think you will like the Sneltram sections in Rijndam; If you stay between Monument, Station Westplein and Rijnland Hospital, you do not have to switch to 3rd rail. You just have to change direction at Station Westplein. ;)
I do have ideas for a next route project, but that project does not include overhead whires. :D
Are you at prerevenue testing?
I am in the stage where I have started testing basic systems in the route. Like: "are the induction loops at a good distance before a level crossing to make sure you do not have to slow down before crossing?"