Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

A activity I made for Simvliet (Simvliet 2017 I think) a long time ago, now for Rijndam 2018; left hand traffic (on line M1);

https://s26.postimg.org/xxwg0zp3d/Rijndam_127.jpg
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Sjoerd wrote:A activity I made for Simvliet (Simvliet 2017 I think) a long time ago, now for Rijndam 2018; left hand traffic (on line M1);

https://s26.postimg.org/xxwg0zp3d/Rijndam_127.jpg
The tables have been flipped! How does the Centre Loop work in the this activity?
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:The tables have been flipped! How does the Centre Loop work in the this activity?
If you mean the "cirlcleline city centre"; it does not exist in Rijndam 2018, only in Rijndam 2016 in one activity.

If you are talking about normal operations; only line M1 is changed to left hand driving. I have tried doing it to all lines, but that was not possible; the tracks have a default direction as directed by the CVL. You can change this with the CTD file, but some tracks won't allow you to change their direction while a train is positioned on them. So I could not set left hand driving on line M2/M3, as the activity starts with trains on certain tracks. If you start with an empty network, there is no problem, but I did not want to make an all-day activity here. So, only M1 runs on the left side in this one. And M4 is shortened to Airport-Noorderpoort to avoid difficult manoeuvres changing between right hand traffic and left hand traffic. On line M1, I had less problems then on line M2/M3, so I made the activity for M1 only. M2/M3 still run as normal. ;)
MattH

Post by MattH »

Can we have a picture of Kettleplein or Museumquarter in the 80s please?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MattH wrote:Can we have a picture of Kettleplein or Museumquarter in the 80s please?
Ketelplein is not much different from what you already know. It just has some different signs and platform displays, and the tracks end there.

Museumkwartier has (Rijndam 1985) only two tracks, and has been altered to the old style. The screenshot below is not complete (it is an older screenshot); there are now also the ABCD-signs on the platform you know from the Simvliet 1982, to indicate to the passengers where the train stops.

https://s26.postimg.org/ymnzhpkqx/Rijndam_088.jpg
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Sjoerd wrote:A activity I made for Simvliet (Simvliet 2017 I think) a long time ago, now for Rijndam 2018; left hand traffic (on line M1)
It's good to drive to the left :P
MattH

Post by MattH »

What about a pic of one of the 'RanstadRail' lines in the 80s?

also Panbos seems a bit empty... (I mean it seems that it's only a P+R, instead of a small town)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

MattH wrote:What about a pic of one of the 'RanstadRail' lines in the 80s?

also Panbos seems a bit empty... (I mean it seems that it's only a P+R, instead of a small town)
Don't get too into requests. Save some for later ;)
Also, I agree for what's the piont of a station in a foresty plains.
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Panbos is not a town. It is a recreational area.
It really exists in the Netherlands; it is a recreational area near Katwijk; a forest on the edge of the dunes.
Next to it is an old militairy airfield, called "Vliegveld Valkenburg", which is in a state of demolition at the moment, in order to be replaced by a living area.
On the other side on this airport, near Leiden, is another recreational area; a lake with a small beach, and a narrow gauge railway museum, which runs steam trains about 3/4 of the way around the lake. Now that the airfield is being removed, there are plans to connect the two recreational area's by extending the narrow gauge steam railway. That is where I got the idea of adding Panbos as a destination.
And that is also why there are "Stoomtrein Katwijk Leiden" adds on the platforms in Rijndam; those are for the narrow gauge railway.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Well we're all waiting for the finer points of 3.11...
(i thought that 3.11 would be out by now, and i know that begging is not allowed ;) )