Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

AlistairCowell wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 19:10 I think 3700 series will have faster a acceleration than the FGV DMU, but I'm not entirely sure.
Electric trains are (almost) always faster (at acceleration) then diesels. With a diesel train, you first need to generate the power before you can use it. With overhead wires, you have it available directly.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Here is a better map of Rijndam 2022 railway network:
Rijndam Rail Map.jpg
Rijndam Rail Map.jpg (192.04 KiB) Viewed 3811 times
I've added all the stations on the Rijndam network, including the stations that have been recently built. Rijndam Metro and Tram network has been omitted.

We now know that the railway line to the east takes you through the tunnel to Essim and Simvliet. The line to the north-west remains unknown and so I've added 'To ??' pending its future.

Due to the fact that Zeeburg and Hondwijk Ann Zee is situated at the eastern coast line, and also to the fact that the Channel Tunnel inspired route now been built between Hondwijk Ann Zee and Essim, I can purely assume that Rijndam is set on an island around 10 km west of the mainland.
luka23

Post by luka23 »

'??' could be to Briel or Nederdam
Laurentz von Ungarn

Post by Laurentz von Ungarn »

The section between Noordvliet and Rijndam Airport should be built, and it can be a ring line in Rijndam.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Laurentz von Ungarn wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 17:59 The section between Noordvliet and Rijndam Airport should be built, and it can be a ring line in Rijndam.
Could be possible, but then Noordvliet-Panbos should be returned from the metro network to the train network (shortening line M1 from Panbos to Noordvliet). After all; Panbos is pretty close to the airport already.

But that's not really in my planning now; first I plan to release the RijndamRail update, which will include the new freightcar, improved NS1700, and finished ICM train (work now in progress). Later Rijndam V1.4 with the Rijndam - Zeeburg via Vierdijk (and Hondwijk aan Zee branch) railway, and the channel tunnel route.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Could it be possible to bypass the restoration of the Panbos railway and just double track the right of way, 1 for RR and 1 for light rail? If the railroad isn't to continue beyond Panbos and instead branch off to the airport before then, is it possible to build a flyover for the metro tracks over the RR tracks?

I would like to keep the Panbos corridor for metros.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 21:41 Could it be possible to bypass the restoration of the Panbos railway and just double track the right of way, 1 for RR and 1 for light rail? If the railroad isn't to continue beyond Panbos and instead branch off to the airport before then, is it possible to build a flyover for the metro tracks over the RR tracks?

I would like to keep the Panbos corridor for metros.
If I did this (not planning it right now...), I would do it as I think it would be realistic. And on this stretch of track, train and metro next to each other would be a bit much I think (after all; the passenger potential for the last few stops of M1 isn't so high it deserves a train on top of a metro line).
So I would end M1 at Noordvliet, let the train continue, and let the railway make a turn to the right after Panbos, soon to go below ground to connect to the underground railway station at the airport.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Well, who said the railway needs a stop in the Panbos area. The reason I asked was because the final project for the Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension in LA/San Gabriel Valley will share 3 stops with Metrolink, SoCal's commuter rail system. But 1 of 3 stops will be eliminated for the overlapping service. Realistically, a Metrolink stop would be eliminated for it is a commuter rail and the Gold Line is a light rail route.

So in Rijndam, I'd imagine the railway would just zoom past Panbos while metros terminate there, similar to how Molenwijk is the terminus for M1 but the railway continues on except, I imagine the tracks are close together, sharing the RoW.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Also, the containerwagen needs to be sorted:
Containerwagen_Issue.jpg
Containerwagen_Issue.jpg (410.3 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
When hauling the containerwagens, it is not displayed on the consist bar and you cannot enable or disable the brakes, as well as uncoupling the wagons individually.
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Hi !
I don't think is a good idea to extend SPR to Panbos or make a loop. People can take a(n express) bus to reach Panbos from Airport.
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !