Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 14:00 I'm guess if the 2nd railway crossing that separates RijndamRail's crossing and M2's crossing is some sort of underpass for T2.
In that instance, I just moved the railway underground, so on the surface there is no level crossing anymore. Between the Buitenvelden/Noordvliet connection and the crossing was enough length to build a ramp to get the railway to level -1 ;)
And as the railway leaves the network just behind the crossing, I saw no need to surface again, so the railway turning loop has also moved underground :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Atomic_WinsS

Post by Atomic_WinsS »

Sjoerd wrote: 03 Oct 2017, 19:08
LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 22:10 I want and need more tram lines!!!
At least partly, you will get your wish in the next version of Rijndam. This version will contain two things; a correction of the faults found, and a extension of line T2 by 3 stops, to Ketelplein. I am currently busy updating activities for this;

Tramstop Stationsweg (the road next to it being the road from the Monument area to train station Rijndam Buitenvelden):

Between Stationsweg and Ketelplein the line shares the tracks with line M2:

Ambachtslaan got low platforms for the tram on the outside. For this, a modernized station building was necessary:

At Ketelplein, the line ends at a new 3rd track (this could be added to the existing building), which is placed a bit higher next to the platform, to ensure same-level interchange with line M2.

All new tramstops have 60m platforms available (along with the rest of line T2), to facilitate coupled KTM 31 trams.
it looks almost the same as the stations in den haag
MattH

Post by MattH »

Does line T2 have a turning loop? (for uni-directional trams)

Where does the River Lier go? (I expect there to be a bridge near Middenweg/Capitan Haddock-laan :? )
Atomic_WinsS wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 17:51 it looks almost the same as the stations in den haag
I'm sure that's the inspiration :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

There is no turning loop at Ketelplein. Should an actual unidirectional tram type be introduced on the network, it needs to turn at Station Buitenvelden. As a shorter T2 service, or by switching the T1 and T2 line destinations at this end.

Should T2 ever be extended beyond Statenpolder, I would make a new river bridge just beyond the current terminus. ;)
But that is not happening soon; as the network is already getting too big for some computers to handle.
MTRHK

Post by MTRHK »

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 04:41 Should T2 ever be extended beyond Statenpolder, I would make a new river bridge just beyond the current terminus. ;)
But that is not happening soon; as the network is already getting too big for some computers to handle.
Does that mean you'll be focusing on Glasgow now, or will you be making like for example a 1990s version of Rijndam?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

After 5 Rijndam versions, I'll focus on something new for a while. Continue on Glasgow is a good option, but I am not 100% sure yet.
Yes I would like to extend Rijndam further, but at the moment, that would be asking to much of the average computer, as all elements in the network are loaded into active memory simultaneously (also objects on the other side of the network).
Last edited by Sjoerd on 05 Oct 2017, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

In preparation for an update (to be available soon), I am updating activities to the T2 extension, and solving problems that have been found so far. One more call out; to eliminate all defects in Rijndam 2006 and 2020; please report anything you suspect might be a problem, so I can take a look at it. ;)

Already known and solved:
  • Rijndam 2006: in a few activities, a train is not spawned at Lierdijk, causing wrong allocations of train numbers on the Airport Shuttleservice (the next spawned train in the activity's spawn-order), in turn causing problems for the service and DRIM texts on that line (and a Denia-CS service wicht does not turn up to carry passengers :lol: ).
  • Rijndam 2020: When traveling from Nationale Opera to Noorderpoort (via track 921), the train number gets reset, and you leave a false detection on the tracks behind you.
  • Rijndam 2020: When traveling from Central Station track 3 towards Transferium Rijndijk (via track 801), the train number gets reset, and you leave a false detection on the tracks behind you.
  • Rijndam 2020: Near Panbos, the overhead power supply does not work correctly; the pantograph goes trough it, and you get no power.
  • Rijndam 2020: There are no spawn markers at GGH3 and GGH4 (on line M2/M3).
  • A few faulty ATB speeds near Lambik and near Houtweg.
  • Track detection failure on track S13 at Rijndam Centraal.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 18:35 In preparation for an update (to be available soon), I am updating activities to the T2 extension, and solving problems that have been found so far. One more call out; to eliminate all defects in Rijndam 2006 and 2020; please report anything you suspect might be a problem, so I can take a look at it. ;)
3.12.1?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Another activity modified with the extended tramline; :)

nstomjanssen2000

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

There was an alpha channel bug at a staircase somewhere. I made a picture of it but it turned out to be grey. I think it was at Dagobertlaan.

EDIT: It was indeed at Dagobertlaan at the top of the escalator
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]