Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

blanderrr

Re: Rijndam

Post by blanderrr »

I can't wait
Neither can I (but don't rush it for us)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I have prepared a few activities.
Today I have made a few signalling improvements, which should reduce the chance for delays on Rijndam-Zeeburg route via the HSL;
-> More 130 km/h allowed (instead of 80) between Rijndam Landgoed and Ypenburg.
-> On the HSL itself; if you are behind another train, you might have noticed you are forced down to a very slow speed before the next blockmarker, even if the train in front has already left that block. Now this information will reach the train earlier (which would correspond to the ETCS recieving an updated "Movement Authority" via GSM-R), so you don't have to slow down too much if it's not needed. In effect.... I guess we move up from ETCS level 1 to level 2. :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

Will we ever see a Metrosim Wiki page about the ETCS system?
Sjoerd

Release: Rijndam 2022 v1.4

Post by Sjoerd »

This is the release of Rijndam 2022 v1.4. :P

In this version, the railway connection between Rijndam and Zeeburg via Vierdijk is added (as an alternative route to the HSL), and a Channel Tunnel (Railway connection France-England) inspired route, including terminals for autotrain shuttles.

The Channel Tunnel section was added as being the route towards Simvliet, but as connecting different networks in the simulator is not an option at the moment, the route ends at "Essim Tunnel Terminal", where passengers may transfer to a train replacement bus service to travel towards Essim, Delfblaak, Simvliet and Hageningen. :D

A few important things to know:

Note 1: There have been a few track layout changes, for example at Rijndam Molenwijk. This means that the network is not compatible with earlier versions of the CTD-routefile. If you have made activities which use your own custom CTD-file, you will need to re-make your customized CTD based on the new default one, in order for your activity to run in this version of Rijndam 2022!

Note 2: As there are now two routes you can take to travel between Rijndam and Zeeburg, the CVL must know which route you want (the destination letter isn't enough anymore), in order to set a departing path out of the station. The solution:
-> Trainnumber starts with "9" (For example: "9014CX"): You are routed via the HSL.
-> Trainnumber starts with any other digit (For example: "5014CX"): You are routed via Vierdijk
(Made possible by Michiel, for adding this first-digit feature in the simulator; thanks! :D )

Note 2a: When passing Ypenburg towards Zeeburg; If your destination letter is "X" (Zeeburg), the departing path will be set once your train is detected at the platform track (and when nearing departuretime when in an activity). If your destination letter is "E" (Essim Tunnel Terminal), the CVL will assume your are not stopping here, and a departing path will be set earlier.

Note 3: The 'paths set based on first digit of trainnumber' is also used at Rijndam Molenwijk, Hemlo and Groenburg, to determine if you plan to stop or pass the station. Trainnumbers starting with "8" or "9" will be assumed to be Intercity services, and a departure path will be set earlier (at these stations) to enable you to pass without stopping.

Note 4: Channel Tunnel section; In between both autotrain terminals; all trains with a trainnumber starting with "1" are assumed to be autotrain shuttles, and will be sent to the autotrain platforms when leaving the tunnel. Specific destination letters for these trains are not required.

REQUIRED AT LEAST:

-> Metrosimulator version 3.15 (or higher)

REQUIRED FOR ACTIVITIES (Rolling stock):

-> TRAXX locomotive (Download: http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/TRAXX_F140_MS )
-> RijndamRail Update, release of 01 april 2020 at least (Download: http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/ICM )

Download: https://filehorst.de/d/digsedBE [Link updated]

INSTALLATION:

1) Remove Rijndam2022.000 and the folder "Data/Rijndam2022" which you may already have!!

2) Copy the files (Rijndam2022.000 and the Data folder) to the folder on your computer where "Simulator.exe" is located.
3) Start the simulator.

Please, keep in mind the current health crises, and don't all take the train to the beach! Only travel when absolutely necessary! ;)

And last-but-not-least: If a "Rijndam Railways Only" network is requested based on this network; I'll wait a week of so to see if any network-releated problems turn up from this version. If not, I'll start on a "Rijndam Railways Only" based on this. This is to make sure I won't have to solve the same issues twice, after I have copied it to do the Railways-version. ;)
Last edited by Sjoerd on 06 Apr 2020, 12:05, edited 5 times in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

YAY! testing it now! :D
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Now I guess the only thing left is for Michiel to make at some point the route in Simvliet up until Essim, so that we kind of connect the two maps :)
KievanRus233

Re: Release: Rijndam 2022 v1.4

Post by KievanRus233 »

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 10:06 This is the release of Rijndam 2022 v1.4. :P

In this version, the railway connection between Rijndam and Zeeburg via Vierdijk is added (as an alternative route to the HSL), and a Channel Tunnel (Railway connection France-England) inspired route, including terminals for autotrain shuttles.

The Channel Tunnel section was added as being the route towards Simvliet, but as connecting different networks in the simulator is not an option at the moment, the route ends at "Essim Tunnel Terminal", where passengers may transfer to a train replacement bus service to travel towards Essim, Delfblaak, Simvliet and Hageningen. :D

A few important things to know:

Note 1: There have been a few track layout changes, for example at Rijndam Molenwijk. This means that the network is not compatible with earlier versions of the CTD-routefile. If you have made activities which use your own custom CTD-file, you will need to re-make your customized CTD based on the new default one, in order for your activity to run in this version of Rijndam 2022!

Note 2: As there are now two routes you can take to travel between Rijndam and Zeeburg, the CVL must know which route you want (the destination letter isn't enough anymore), in order to set a departing path out of the station. The solution:
-> Trainnumber starts with "9" (For example: "9014CX"): You are routed via the HSL.
-> Trainnumber starts with any other digit (For example: "5014CX"): You are routed via Vierdijk
(Made possible by Michiel, for adding this first-digit feature in the simulator; thanks! :D )

Note 2a: When passing Ypenburg towards Zeeburg; If your destination letter is "X" (Zeeburg), the departing path will be set once your train is detected at the platform track (and when nearing departuretime when in an activity). If your destination letter is "E" (Essim Tunnel Terminal), the CVL will assume your are not stopping here, and a departing path will be set earlier.

Note 3: The 'paths set based on first digit of trainnumber' is also used at Rijndam Molenwijk, Hemlo and Groenburg, to determine if you plan to stop or pass the station. Trainnumbers starting with "8" or "9" will be assumed to be Intercity services, and a departure path will be set earlier (at these stations) to enable you to pass without stopping.

Note 4: Channel Tunnel section; In between both autotrain terminals; all trains with a trainnumber starting with "1" are assumed to be autotrain shuttles, and will be sent to the autotrain platforms when leaving the tunnel. Specific destination letters for these trains are not required.

REQUIRED AT LEAST:

-> Metrosimulator version 3.15 (or higher)

REQUIRED FOR ACTIVITIES (Rolling stock):

-> TRAXX locomotive (Download: http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/TRAXX_F140_MS )
-> RijndamRail Update, release of 01 april 2020 at least (Download: http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/ICM )

Download: https://filehorst.de/d/dIoAaeGw

INSTALLATION:

1) Remove Rijndam2022.000 and the folder "Data/Rijndam2022" which you may already have!!

2) Copy the files (Rijndam2022.000 and the Data folder) to the folder on your computer where "Simulator.exe" is located.
3) Start the simulator.

Please, keep in mind the current health crises, and don't all take the train to the beach! Only travel when absolutely necessary! ;)

And last-but-not-least: If a "Rijndam Railways Only" network is requested based on this network; I'll wait a week of so to see if any network-releated problems turn up from this version. If not, I'll start on a "Rijndam Railways Only" based on this. This is to make sure I won't have to solve the same issues twice, after I have copied it to do the Railways-version. ;)
My life is complete, thank you.
why did I pick this name
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

No need to quote the whole post... :roll:
blinkie123

Post by blinkie123 »

Found a bug already.
When coming from Ypenburg to Rijndam Centraal, the AI, when controlling the RR-DDM, does not brake in time to stop at Rijndam Zuid or Rijndam Landgoed and overshoots the station.

EDIT:
Failure to stop in time at Groenburg coming from Hemlo too,
Founder and owner of [REDACTED].
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Seems to be doing that with more than 2 cars only

EDIT: which is probably because they don't fit in the stations