Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Samuel

Re: Rijndam

Post by Samuel »

I said full size, not short and light weight with enough room to even fit those.
I'm not here.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Full size enough? :)

http://batteriselskab.dk/news/network-r ... -in-uk.htm

One of these trains is about the same length as a Dutch Mat'64 Plan T, but is 10 tonnes heavier (173,6t versus 163t). ;)

Battery power is no problem for trains, just as long as you can recharge them at regular intervals (like on the end of the line, and/or while running on sections where overhead wires are available, or 3rd rail in case of a lot of English railways).
And if even large trains like this can handle it, it is no problem at all for somthing small like a RijndamRail 9000-series :D ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MattH

Post by MattH »

Something that is bothering me is some of the above-ground stations don't have adequate shelter (even if it doesn't rain in Rijndam :D )
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

At least most of them have sheltered entrances ;)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

While I wait for the 1982 SG2 in opposite direction, it's time to take an picture at this RSG2, ready to depart on a special excursion to Panbos.

07/09/2017
Attachments
RSG2.jpg
RSG2.jpg (271.07 KiB) Viewed 5059 times
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

5217 pulling 5257 into the Transportmuseum, near Noordvliet.

10/09/2017
Attachments
Transportmuseum.jpg
Transportmuseum.jpg (266.53 KiB) Viewed 4988 times
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Senjer has delivered a series of OV-Chipkaart (Public Transport Chipcard) equipment to Rijndam :P ;

These portals and check-in / check-out posts are now being installed throughout the Rijndam 2020 network. The first where placed on the train stations, like here at Rijndam Central Station:

At Noordvliet, as this station provides cross platform transfer between the RijndamRail trainservice and the metro network, the check-in / check-out posts are used. They are present at the entrances to the platforms, and on two places on the platform, posts have been placed for passengers who transfer between both systems; check-out of the railway network, and check-in to the metro network (or vice versa).

Also at the metro network, some stations have posts, others have portals:

Last edited by Sjoerd on 02 May 2018, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Good Work ;)
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

I’m glad the simulator is becoming more and more realistic!
And I’m very happy that an idea I suggested some time ago, is going to be implemented!
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 20:06 Senjer has delivered a series of OV-Chipkaart (Public Transport Chipcard) equipment to Rijndam :P ;

These portals and check-in / check-out posts are now being installed throughout the Rijndam 2020 network. The first where placed on the train stations, like here at Rijndam Central Station:

At Noordvliet, as this station provides cross platform transfer between the RijndamRail trainservice and the metro network, the check-in / check-out posts are used. They are present at the entrances to the platforms, and on two places on the platform, posts have been placed for passengers who transfer between both systems; check-out of the railway network, and check-in to the metro network (or vice versa).

Also at the metro network, some stations have posts, others have portals:

That's such an amazing work! ;) Keep going!

Will this system also be implemented in Simvliet 2020? And in other versions of Rijndam, will also this be included?

BTW, the next step could be include virtual persons... What do you think?