Re: Rijndam

Post by metro sim addict »

I know it's off-topic, BUT IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Sub to my Youtube Channel Please!
youtube.com/GeorgeAllen
<Swaggerboy>

Post by <Swaggerboy> »

metro sim addict wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 04:16 I know it's off-topic, BUT IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Happy birthday!! :mrgreen:
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

*[Insert Snarky Comment Here]* :mrgreen:
This is now a dead account.
metro sim addict

Post by metro sim addict »

Thanks Everyone
Sub to my Youtube Channel Please!
youtube.com/GeorgeAllen
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 11:04 Your are right; the higher quality model would be an option, IF it had an equally high quality interior. Sadly, it has nothing; even no inside walls (current side walls are paper-thin :lol:; just the inside view of the exterior walls).
The low quality model is just too low quality, and the interior is nothing more then a few very simple seats; not enough to combine the two models.

If the higher quality model was complete, I would have considered it, as I do like the design of the tram. ;)
Well it's shame, that there are no good models of it. :( Next time before I suggest some vehicle I should look up to the 3d warehouse sketchup for good model of it!
RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 13:16 That tram looks cool. I was in Prague. Too bad the 2 cabin trams got modernized. :cry: I would loved to see them when they where original. You know which type I'm talking about. Brozma knows that.

Yeah! Tatra T3 trams got reconstructed but their basic design didn't get changed, well they got digital board above the windshield and they sound different (Unreconstructed Tatra T3 tram only made a loud soft "click" and then made a near high pitched humming sound. Reconstructed Tatra T3 makes a high pitched wheezing and then the same near high pitched humming sound). There are also many different types of tram, but I won't describe them here. If you are interested, PM me.
metro sim addict wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 04:16 I know it's off-topic, BUT IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I know it's a bit late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
MattH

Post by MattH »

Maybe we need a new Rijndam era to go with these trams, sometime in the 1950s or 60s, before the metro. :lol: ;)
Only the trams, the Noorderpoortlijnen and the rail lines from Central Station (maybe the line past Javeaplein as a freight line?) exist.

Also, to quote myself:
MattH wrote: 21 Oct 2017, 06:15 Here are some more tram lines I think also might exist in some form:

Damplein - Burcht - Nat'l Opera - Megastores
Javeaplein - Noorderpoort - Nat'l Opera - Burcht - Central Station - Zuiderpoortplein
Noorderpoort - Nat'l Opera - Burcht - Garenmarkt
Does that sound like a good idea to you guys?
MattH

Post by MattH »

Also, the turning loop at Centraal Station is annoying me by being partly under the rail line, even though I think there is enough space in and around the plaza area. :|

Here is some pictures to kind of explain what I want:

Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

But where would the many buses go then?
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

What confirmed bus lines goes to Centraal Station?
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I have considered multiple idea's to build that turning loop. Doing it in front of the station building (starting from the 'old' tram platforms) did not work out; the turns would be too tight, or I would have to remove houses/buildings to make room.
I also considered doing a larger loop, like I did at the Station Buitenvelden terminus. That did not work out either, as I could quite fit in the needed turns at Stuyvesantplein (where you would return to the exiting line).
In the end, I found the room I needed under the station itself. At first, I tried doing it in a way that would make a tram station under the train tracks possible (with an open view to the station passage, or direct stairs up to the train platforms), but that idea failed too due to the tightness of the turns; the outside track in the loop is already against the back wall of the train tracks, so no room to add a platform there.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D