Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote:Sjoerd, is it possible to see a screenshot of 's Gravendijk halt reopened, in 2018?
https://s26.postimg.org/y5h1m2rex/Rijndam_069.jpg
;)
(Since I made this screenshot, the wooden sleepers have been replaced with concrete ones)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

In Rijndam 2016, I was in explore mode with AI on my train and it stopped at 's Gravendijk. It gave me an idea of using that old station as a shift swapping point (When a driver's shift is over during mid route and another driver comes and takes over).

EDIT: There are some systems out there in the world that have the timetables set to were driver swapping mid route is possible.
Last edited by LosAngelesMetro56 on 02 Apr 2017, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Doing that on a station where trains do not stop normally would mean making an extra stop which is not in the timetable, delaying the service. A driver change would be more efficient at terminus stations (change cab anyway, so changing drivers does not cost extra time at all), or at stations with large passenger flows (which require a relatively longer stop then on other stations, meaning more time to change drivers without causing extra delays). ;)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:In Rijndam 2016, I was in explore mode with AI on my train and it stopped at 's Gravendijk. It gave me an idea of using that old station as a shift swapping point (When a driver's shift is over during mid route and another driver comes and takes over).
Did the doors open?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Alfacinha315 wrote:Did the doors open?
The evidence :roll:
Attachments
's Gravendijk.JPG
's Gravendijk.JPG (133 KiB) Viewed 4564 times
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes, I did place stopmarkers at 's Gravendijk in Rijndam 2016. I then ordered the metro's to pass them without stopping using the CTD. But when you are running in explore mode, your metro isn't following the instructions in the CTD routes (when you load a CTD in explore mode, this only has an effect on the CVL), and will (when using the AI) stop at 's Gravendijk. ;)

And ofcourse; if you change the instruction in the CTD from "pass" to "stop", you will stop in activities too. But that will mean you are delayed when arriving at following stations. :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Noordvliet, 1985:
Attachments
Rijndam 138a - NVT1985.jpg
Rijndam 138a - NVT1985.jpg (505.11 KiB) Viewed 4474 times
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

I can imagine a RandstadRail service from Westplein to Rijndam Airport (and return). 8-) Imagine an possible inauguration of this company in 1985, using RSG2?

I would like to run that service in Al mode, on Explore mode. How can I set it, using destination codes, when beta will be avaiable?
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

You can't in 1985 from Westpelin to Rijndam Airport. On that time there were trains from Noorderpoort to Panbos/Airport.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

RotterdamMetroLover wrote:You can't in 1985 from Westpelin to Rijndam Airport. On that time there were trains from Noorderpoort to Panbos/Airport.
You mean, for use railway lines I only can run from Noorderpoort?