Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MetroSimGermany

Re: Rijndam

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Didn´t I said earlier that Rijndam reminds me of Oslo? Actually, line 5 is also the ring line there :D
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
midom5

Post by midom5 »

can u make that in your route ?
Attachments
Hehe.jpg
Hehe.jpg (121.83 KiB) Viewed 4792 times
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

What map is that?
This is now a dead account.
midom5

Post by midom5 »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:What map is that?

that is michiel photo not mine photo
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

A 4-track section on a viaduct? No, Rijndam does not have that. All viaduct sections are either two tracks or one track. All tracks are complete; if I make changes now, it will only be in switch arragements. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:Also, a loop track from A01 to A37? That would make it easier for train that is stuck in behind of another. What if that train was down and the trains behind need to get past?
You got your wish after all :D

Today, I had some time to kill in the train from my work back to home. I decided to see how much longer the main depot would become if I put in the extra switches from all the dead-end tracks. The main reason those tracks did not have a back exit was the extra length it would take at the back. I fully expected to do it just for fun and delete the experiment afterwards, but when it was time to shut down the laptop as the train was rolling into Leiden Central station, it looked so good I decided to keep the new switch arrangement, and spend the evening finishing it, adding it into the CVL and installing ATB. The extra space needed at the back of the depot is much smaller then expected, so I am happy with the result. ;)

Last edited by Sjoerd on 27 Oct 2016, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

This opens so many ideas for yard designs! Not only that I have the idea for LA Metro remastered on MetroSim, but I also created my own imagination city. It started off as a city ruled by buses but then started making metro styled light rail lines. I'll save that for another topic. But now, if possible, waiting for @Michiel to add a Metro-Wash Drive Threw model so we can add that to the yards somewhere. However, that would probably make things harder for him because then, he'll half to add a script for train evolution like overtime, the train gets dirty. He doesn't half to if he doesn't want to. It's his game. A metrowash would look good in your yard though.
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: A metrowash would look good in your yard though.
I agree with that. If the objects where available (even if they are not functional with dirty-train-scripts), I would have build it in. ;)
And program all activities so that all trains coming into depot Molenwijk would pass trough the trainwash before being parked away. Every driver has the right to start his/her service in a clean metro ;)

But at the moment, there are no objects available for this. However, this is not a big problem; in metrosimulator, it is always a sunny day, and the tunnels are not dusty; at the end of the day, all trains return to the depot as clean as they left it in the morning. :D

If you want your train to get dirtier, you can use the Berlin U-bahn simulator by TML. It has two Berlin U-bahn lines (U2 and U8), and trains get dirtier (both seen from the outside as from the cab) when you use them longer. Also other defects start to appear after a while (the simulator remembers the state of a train when you exit the simulator, so if you use it every day and do nothing about it, you will have a bad day with your train by next week :D
Sadly, driving trough the trainwash yourself in that simulator does not work; you can only send a train to be washed or repaired from the menu screen (and then you have to take another train from the depot, because sending your train to be washed or repaired will make it unavailable for about 30 minutes).
It is a separate simulator, but it uses the MSTS game engine to work. You need to have MSTS installed in order to get it to work (although it makes it's own installation). It does have far better graphics then MSTS, and also has it's own announcement system build in (to be operated by the driver), which sounds exactly the same as the real thing (I noticed that on a vacation in Berlin).
An example: https://youtu.be/ybWLEqFI3os

However, personally I like Metrosimulator better. TML's U-bahn simulation is very good, but as it is based on the MSTS game engine, it does not have a CVL, no free camera ("9" in Metrosimulator) and no train protection system (like ATB/ZUB). ;)

One thing it does have, which might be a good suggestion to Michiel for Metrosimulator: a train consist which is not actually a train, but a workcrew working on the tracks, to be placed on a track which is out of service (and you have to pass them slowly at single-track operation). :)
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Actually that outer track in the new depot is reserved for a car wash, I just never got around to making objects for those rotating things and a shader to make trains dirty. Might still do that though, shouldn't be more then a few hours work for a simple solution.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

If you are planning to do that before Rijndam is finished (or more precise: before you are making the next public release of the simulator, in which I hope Rijndam can be released as well), then I will adapt the Molenwijk depot to include it. ;)