blinkie123

Re: Rijndam

Post by blinkie123 »

Germany has them too.
Founder and owner of [REDACTED].
brozma

Post by brozma »

blinkie123 wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 11:51 Germany has them too.
I can confirm that, although they look different than dutch distant signals.

Here's how they look like

If you wonder, How I know that, in Gmod, I have installed an add-on which added german signals (Not only models, they have functional lights, which I can change) with main signal (German: Hauptsignale) and distant signal (German: Vorsignale)

The distant signal shows four signals in Germany:

1st : Both lights yellow = Expect stop. It means, that main signal shows a red light. The driver has to slow down and be prepared to stop.

2nd: Both light green = Expect proceed. It means, that main signal shows a green light. The driver can continue as usual.

3rd: Upper light green, lower light yellow = Expect proceed with caution. It means, that main signal shows a green and yellow light, meaning "Proceed with caution." The driver has to slow down to 40 km/h (or another speed, if shown by additional signal) and continue by that speed after passing the main signal.

4th: Lights off, white cross placed on signal = Signal not in service. It means that both main and distant signal are not in service for some reason (defective light bulb not replaced yet, signalling system malfunction, signal no longer needed and not removed yet etc.) The driver can ignore the signal and procced

The main signal, also shows four signals in Germany:

1st: Red light = Stop. It means, that track behind the signal is occupied by another train or train can't enter it for some other reason (junction not secured, non-train obstacle on track etc.) The driver has to stop and wait for green or green and yellow lights.

2nd: Green light = Proceed. It means, that there's no train on a track behind the signal or path is clear. The driver can procced as usual.

3rd: Green and yellow lights = Proceed with caution. It means, that track behind the signal has to be crossed by lower speed for some reason. The driver has to cross the signal with speed around 40 km/h (or another speed, if shown by additional signal).

4th: Lights off, white cross placed on signal = Signal not in service. It means that main signal isn't in service for some reason (defective light bulb not replaced yet, signalling system malfunction, signal no longer needed and not removed yet etc.) The driver can ignore the signal and procced.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Trainzdriver328

Post by Trainzdriver328 »

Good information! 👌👍
A German Train Simulator Gamer! 🎮🎮 🚄🚄
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Planned release for Rijndam Railways 2022: King's day. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Trainzdriver328

when is the kings day?
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Next year :D
Trainzdriver328

Lol ok😂😁
zandoodle

Post by zandoodle »

I will still very quietly celebrate King's day tomorrow. Shame nobody near me will do anything as not only is there a virus going round but I also live in the UK. :(
PetttRocket

Post by PetttRocket »

Sjoerd wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 14:48 Planned release for Rijndam Railways 2022: King's day. ;)
Cant you Release it today
I Cant Play MSB this week
Hi
Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly »

PetttRocket wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 17:00
Sjoerd wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 14:48 Planned release for Rijndam Railways 2022: King's day. ;)
Cant you Release it today
I Cant Play MSB this week
Sjoerd will release it when it is ready, good work takes time. Be Patient.