Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

WoGar

Re: Rijndam

Post by WoGar »

Sjoerd wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 20:01
MSB4THOMAS wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 19:42 So are the 2 maps being merged?
Not possible right now I'm afraid :roll:
Perhaps another city can be build i bit further than the terminal with a terminus station where the Intercity Direct can stop. An example of St. Pancras, but without Ebsfleet, Ashford and Stratford station. Than you can ask
Michiel from the Simvliet layout to build the same, but from another line. The it looks like the layouts are the combined, but without a direct service from Rijndam to Simvliet.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Now it's just; the track between "Essim Tunnel Terminal" and "Essim" is out of service. Travelers need to take a train replacement bus service, departing from Essim Tunnel Terminal.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

So Rijndam is on an island somewhere in the North Sea? No wonder why there had been a train ferry between Hondwijk aan Zee and Essim on the mainland before the tunnel was built! I guess Simvliet is on the mainland then.

How many kilometres from Buitenvelden to Essim now?

So Rijndam has several metro lines, a tube line, a few tram lines, a railway network, a narrow gauge railway, a high-speed line and now Channel Tunnel, whats next now? I guess a maglev line will be next or even a hyperloop!
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

AlistairCowell wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 14:48 So Rijndam has several metro lines, a tube line, a few tram lines, a railway network, a narrow gauge railway, a high-speed line and now Channel Tunnel, whats next now? I guess a maglev line will be next or even a hyperloop!
I've mentioned a monorail years ago but that was quickly shot down by presumably Michiel or Senjer. (I don't think Tom is that active anymore)
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

AlistairCowell wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 14:48 I guess a maglev line will be next or even a hyperloop!
haha... Already experimented with that... :D
https://youtu.be/-WbFoTj0pSU
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Schwebebahn!
Mark28jr

Post by Mark28jr »

nice!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Michiel wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 16:14Schwebebahn!
Did that already back in 2007, for Microsoft Train Simulator (MSTS); https://trainsim.hcc.nl/downloads/micro ... lator.html :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

I know where the hyperloop was - Simvliet 1982. But there wouldn't be a hyperloop in 1982!
MetroRio

Post by MetroRio »

Since the Rijndam map got a lot bigger with the extensions to the railways, I was thinking, what about a LRV line (could be just one) that serves the city and main station at Zeeburg? Not a full network as in Rijndam, and more like a LRV/Metro (segregated from street, but with sections on street level, low platforms, etc) using perhaps the Citadis trams (bidirectional). Kinda like the HTM from The Hague, but for Zeeburg.

*of course these are only suggestions, feel free to disagree on it.
Cheers from Rio de Janeiro :D