Moderator: senjer

Johannes713

Re: Rijndam

Post by Johannes713 »

Egmond of Julianadorp
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

Koninginstraat (in honor of the Queen of Netherlands)
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Domi2005

Post by Domi2005 »

If it's an industrial town that was established during the period of industrialisation, it could be called Nieuwe Rijnstad/Rijnnieuwestad or if it's coastal, perhaps you can add Aan Zee at the end.
However, if it's an older town (which I doubt looking at the screenshots) it could be called Kleine Rijnburg/Kleinrijnburg and if it's coastal you can add Aan Zee at the end if you'd like or perhaps call the town Klein Scheepsstadje Aan Zee (or the ending could be Aan De Rijn as well).

However, in the end, the decision is yours, Sjoerd. These are just a few suggestions that I made up.
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

I vote for Greenesburg :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I already see a few suggestions I like, and luckily... I have more then one station to name along the line :D

No, this place is not on the coast. It is near a river (remember that bridge-screenshot on the bottom of page 264 of this topic? That is less then 1km from the station, and where I am building an industrial area right now), but not near the sea. After all; on this line, you are traveling to Zeeburg (which is at the coast), but you are not there yet. :D

But I am also planning a new seaside town destination (I have not decided on a name yet), which will be at the end of a short side-line not far from Zeeburg.... Aside from the connecting switches in the main line, the tracks for that have not been build yet. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

So many seaside towns... makes you think Rijndam is on an island :o
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Denia, Zeeburg.... One yet to be named... :mrgreen:
Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly »

Sjoerd wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 18:57 Denia, Zeeburg.... One yet to be named... :mrgreen:
Does the new line go through Denia!!?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Piccadilly wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 08:25 Does the new line go through Denia!!?
No, that wouldn't be possibe; in Rijndam 2022, Denia is not part of the railway network, it is part of the Rijndam metro (M5) and tram (T3) networks.
Aside from that; the Denia train station is based on the real Denia train station (https://goo.gl/maps/F1Ggt9EJ8jESvNVV8).
And it is an end station; through traffic is not possible. Not since 1974, when the line to Gandia closed (from the shape of the buildings, you can still see how the old line continued with a curve to the left, towards the site of the old station (170m further), with the station building still there...)

The new line connects to the tracks leaving Zeeburg at the other end of the station. Where it connects to on the Rijndam side of the network, I'll tell you that later. ;)
Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly »

Thanks @Sjoerd