Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

Citadis wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 19:06 This is Z
No, it's X.

Z was already in use for the purpose of going to the nearest sidings on multiple other locations.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
A4ex

Post by A4ex »

Sjoerd in your screeshot you have quite some trains/trams seleections ;)
I like trains ;)
Mark28jr

Post by Mark28jr »

Line T4: because you need the Citadis tram add-on to run on it (because of the APS power supply on part of the line), the activities for that are in the Citadis tram package (and not in this download). where can I find those?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Right here: http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Citadis_Trams

In the package: \Data\Rijndam2022\activities\T4 activities (Rijndam 2022 Version1.3)

A4ex wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 23:14 Sjoerd in your screeshot you have quite some trains/trams seleections ;)
Only seems that way; most of those folders are empty in my installation... ;)
luka23

Post by luka23 »

New version is available!

https://filehorst.de/d/cBjElxIu
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

luka23 wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 10:06 New version is available!
https://filehorst.de/d/cBjElxIu
Was already posted ;)
Sjoerd wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 19:34
MP 85 wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 19:17 @Sjoerd I think I spotted a problem atp near Molenwijk with a 0 absolut, can you take a look?
Solved; please re-download: https://filehorst.de/d/cBjElxIu ;)
brozma

Re: Rijndam 2022 v1.3 Release

Post by brozma »

Well, It's finally here. Let's do some tests
Sjoerd wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 16:47 For the HSL (High Speed Line) to Zeeburg; as the TRAXX isn't out yet, there are obviously no activities for it. The travel times and CTA settings are in the CTD file, based on TRAXX testruns, so that's easy for future activity-making.
For now; you can either go to Zeeburg using the HSM addon (the ZUB on board the HSM does work with the ETCS Level 1 on the HSL (as I have used the simulator's ZUB functionality to create the HSL vs TRAXX ETCS Level 1 interface).... Couple two HSM's back-to-back as it only works in cab 1.
Or: just disable the train protection on the 1700 locomotive, and ignore the fact that an NS1700 would probably explode under the much higher voltage on the HSL in real life :lol: :lol:
LOL. Just imagine driving there in real life! The NS 1700 will proabably turn into world's biggest flamethrower. And all lightbulbs and fluorescent tubes in passenger cars will proabably turn into very dangerous glass shrapnel bombs. It will be like this:

Me: Well, what could go wrong, if I drive into HSL with this one. *starts driving and passes voltage insulator*
NS1700: *FWOOOOOOOOOOSSSHHHHHH* *massive flames emerges from both sides of the locomotive*
Me: [multiple S word expletives censored] *drops pantograph down and crouches into brace position*

A few minutes later

Me: *stands up and coughs due to a lot of smoke inside the cabin* (wheezing) I... can't... breathe... where's... the... exit... *finds the right side door, kicks them open and goes out still coughing* Dammit! I should check on the passengers, if they're OK. *goes into first passenger car* Holy Jesus! There's glass everywhere, and I hear someone moaning here. *checks first cabin* My goodness! That passenger has glass stuck in his head. I hope he can understand german.*open cabin door*
(Note: for more realism, the passengers will talk in dutch and I'll try to talk to them in german, because german and dutch are close to eachother. although I'll include english translations of course)

Passenger: Aaaaaaaaaagh Mijn hoofd! Het doet zeer! (My head! It hurts!)
Me: Geht es Ihnen gut, mein Herr? Sie sehen nicht gut aus! (Are you okay sir? You don't look good!)
Passenger: Nein! Ich habe etwas in meinem Kopf. Es tut weh und ich blute. (No! I have something in my head. It hurts and I am bleeding.)
Me: Good, this one can understand and speak german Umm, Sie haben Glasstücke in Ihrem Kopf. (Umm, you have pieces of glass in your head.) *looks above the passenger* Es scheint, dass die Glühbirne über Ihnen aus irgendeinem Grund explodierte und ein Glassplitter Sie in den Kopf traf. (It seems, that the light bulb above you exploded and glass shrapnel hit you in the head.)
Passenger: Mein Gott! Ich werde sterben, richtig? (Oh my god! I am gonna die, right?)
Me: Nein! Kein Panik, mein Herr! Ich werde hier so schnell wie möglich Hilfe bekommen. Ziehen Sie diese Glasstücke einfach nicht heraus! (No! Don't panic sir! I'll get help here as soon as possible, just don't pull out those glass pieces!)
Passenger: Oke. Ich werde sie hier behalten. Bleiben Sie hier bei mir? (Okay, I'll keep them here. Will you stay here with me?)
Me: Hören Sie, mein Herr, Ich kann nicht hier bei Ihnen bleiben. Ich muss die anderen Passagiere überprüfen. Bitte bleib hier und warte auf Hilfe. (Listen sir, I can't stay here with you. I have to check out the other passengers. Please stay here, and wait for help to arrive.)
Passenger: Danke. Danke shön. Ich warte hier. (Thank you. Thank you very much. I'll wait here.)
Me: Gut. Ich muss los! (Good. I gotta go!)

After I checked the passengers, emergency services arrived and during towing the train back to Molenwijk

Me: Well I think Sjoerd will proabably fire me for this.

So what exactly happened? When I went to HSL line and front NS 1700 got connected to 25 kV AC, the "innards" of the front NS 1700 got masivelly overloaded and gave up under that load, as the front locomotive was "dying" it sent a high voltage power surge through the entire train, which was cut out by me, by dropping the pantograph down. The lightbulbs and fluorescent tubes inside the passenger cars exploded due to overvoltage and glass shrapnel from explosion hit and injured passengers. The rear NS 1700 locomotive (still connected to 1,5 kV DC) lost contact with front one, detected power surge and shut itself down to prevent damages. Although main circuit breaker got fried, and couldn't be switched back. The emerging flames from front locomotive were caused by electrolytic components being overloaded and burning.

And what happened with train parts? The front locomotive still stays in Molenwijk, waiting to be repaired. The rear one got it's main circuit breaker replaced and still works until now. The lightbulbs and fluorescent tubes inside the passenger cars got replaced and passenger cars were cleaned up and They're still in service until now.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam 2022 v1.3 Release

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 11:16 Me: Well, what could go wrong, if I drive into HSL with this one. *starts driving and passes voltage insulator*
NS1700: *FWOOOOOOOOOOSSSHHHHHH* *massive flames emerges from both sides of the locomotive*
I once red something about a Dutch locomotive (1100 or 1300 series, not sure which. Those series are out of service now) at a border station between the Netherlands and Germany (on the German side). The overhead wires at the platforms are set to the voltage of the destination tracks; so 1500V DC if a path is set towards the Netherlands, or 15kV AC 16 2/3 Hz if a path is set further into Germany. This way, when a train comes trough, you can exchange locomotives without needing multiple voltage locomotives.
What happened; a traffic controller made an error; he set a path towards Germany, while the Dutch locomotive was at the platform, causing it to recieve the wrong (much higher) voltage. It made quite a fireworks show, and the damage was later repaired by the Tilburg workshop (paid for by the German railways) :D

I imagine later series of locomotives, like the 1700, might have gotten circuit brakers to fail safe in such a situation (but that's just a guess).
As far as I know, modern multiple voltage locomotives do it automatically; if the pantograph gets the wrong voltage, it goes down immediately.
Dammit! I should check on the passengers, if they're OK. *goes into first passenger car* Holy Jesus!
Were you even allowed to drive a locomotive + carriages train with passengers without one or more conductors? :o
Me: Well I think Sjoerd will proabably fire me for this.
Well, it is at least standard procedure to suspend your drivers permit pending investigation of the incident. 8-)
The rear NS 1700 locomotive (still connected to 1,5 kV DC)...
That won't happen: Between the two voltages upon entering of leaving the HSL, there is a powerless section that is longer then the longest train that is allowed on the line. This is to prevent a train from forming a connection between both power systems, which might cause further damage along the line.
I also build this into the HSL entry and exit in the simulator. ;)

In real life, this powerless section has caused problems before on the Dutch HSL; when entering the HSL, the TRAXX locomotives must switch from 1500V DC to 25kV AC 50Hz, and simultaniously from ATB to ETCS. Switching to ETCS is a proces of the locomotive systems making in essence a phonecall to the CVL (ATB is strictly track-to-train, but ETCS is more communication-based), announce their position, and obtaining a "Movement Authority" to proceed with a certain speed. If this doesn't work correctly (either due to an error by the train driver, a fault by the computer system on the locomotive, or just connection problems....) this results in an emergency brake. And more then once... This ended up with a train standing still in the powerless section :lol:

I believe the power for that section can be switched on temporarily from the CVL, so the train can get back on route (with probably a pretty long delay), but if that is not the case..... Then it will need help from another train (like a diesel locomotive).
(In the simulator this section can not be switched on/off; you'd need another train to help)
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Bug with DRIMs at Laan van Steenvoorde : no service planned displayed in activities but tram stop.
There is no Station sign too.
Is there possible to add a "scrollsign" T4 Station Blaak on tram's Rifi?
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

In general, v1.3 is rushed and incomplete with a lot of things missing + bugs
  • Missing nameboards in T4 stops, Centraal Station (tram), 's Gravendijk (museum line)
  • Missing station infratracture in T4 stops and Centraal Station, like seats
  • The maps at tram stops show an old 2022 light version map
  • DRIMs left over in RR stations
  • CGL and RJP are still with the RET DRIMs
  • Line numbers haven't been added to all RET DRIMs
  • The 2200 freight train stops at Rijndam Centraal and doesn't continue to the loop
Sjoerd, I really think that you should take the download link down for now and release it again when it's ready :cry: