Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MSB4THOMAS

Re: Rijndam

Post by MSB4THOMAS »

iamhankhamTS wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 19:46 I just love how professional you were with that thread Sjoerd! Fantastic! Anyways...
Sjoerd wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 19:38
iamhankhamTS wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:30 If I had to suggest anything, it would be adding a new station for the Rijndam Zuid line, mostly for sprinter services. A basic 2 platform station at these points would be good.

Spot 1: Rijndam Hoogbouw - Rijndam Highrise
20190823192312_1.jpg

Spot 2: Landgoed Rijndam - Rijndam Estate
20190823192346_1.jpg

The only disadvantage is that Hoogbouw is on a gradient.

What do you think?
Spot 1 is practically at walking distance from "Blauwpoortsbrug" on line M4.
Spot 2.... Perhaps. A stations of max 170 meter length would fit there (between the signals and the next curve). If many people want it....?
The platforms would just be build along the existing track; there isn't room here to add switches and a 4-track layout.
Hoogbouw: I didn't scout the area well enough so good point. The gradient too rules this bit out!
Landgoed: Anyone willing to have a station there then? Such a simple station but another stop to make the second sprinter service more viable!
All for it! :mrgreen:
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 19:48 Spot 2 is perfect. But having both would just turn RR2 into a heavy metro line. So I would just add spot 2.
Exactly why I did this edit! ;)
iamhankhamTS wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:30
EDIT: I was thinking one or the other and not both due to spacing distance. ;)
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Copy pasting this here instead:

To make it even cooler, have only 1 track utilize a platform and the other is a bypass track but trains can still use the both tracks. A better way to put it: track 1 has the station. Inbound RR2 trains would cross over to the outbound track and stop, then cross back over to the inbound track. Outbound trains would stop and continue as normal. NS trains would bypass the station on both tracks as normal. And Landgoed is a perfect name.
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 19:57 Copy pasting this here instead:

To make it even cooler, have only 1 track utilize a platform and the other is a bypass track but trains can still use the both tracks. A better way to put it: track 1 has the station. Inbound RR2 trains would cross over to the outbound track and stop, then cross back over to the inbound track. Outbound trains would stop and continue as normal. NS trains would bypass the station on both tracks as normal. And Landgoed is a perfect name.
Thanks for the name thing, don't tell anyone I had Google Translate open! I think it should just be as simple as can be. It's all it needs to be!
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
Lyon

Post by Lyon »

Just one question
I was watching the wiki site and in the atualization part dont appear the T4 Line, are this line going to be release in 3.15 version
You dont love tram much i love✌🏾✌🏾
Lyon

Post by Lyon »

???????
You dont love tram much i love✌🏾✌🏾
MSB4THOMAS

Post by MSB4THOMAS »

Could the station bend along with the track as if it we natural (which I think it is? :| )
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

I think there might be demand Sjoerd. Of course, your route, your decision, but if it floats your boat, feel free!
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Lyon wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 20:13???????
Please use the edit comment feature and stop double posting. It gets annoying. :roll:
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Sjoerd wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 19:38
perfecttrains1000 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:11 Well Ik Molewiki is a Depot for Rijndam Rail Trains, But another depot Could be Needed for Traxx Units as well as the other trains being added
4 sidings available for HSL trains for the Zeeburg - Rijndam (-Airport) service, and two for local trains. Siding Z31 is just long enough to accommodate a single locomotive; should you be using a single locomotive and need to shunt around to the other end of the train. ;)

So, 4 sidings at Zeeburg for TRAXX hauled trainsets for the Zeeburg - Rijndam (Airport) service.
Ah ok, Thanks for Answering Tho :D
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains