Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

A4ex wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 01:06 will there be once a new train stop/station in the future ?
If you mean further network extensions in future RIjndam versions; Rijndam 2022 v1.3 has a railway connection (mainline railway, not talking about line M4 now) to the airport, and a tramway extension to use the APS equipped Citadis trams on (the Tours and Reims models).
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

dave9876543210 wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 01:05 that trams runs in my city and they are really like 2 low floor sections at each end and a high bit in the middle
Sorry man but I'm looking for high floor only bidirectional LRVs that will be able to run on ATB and ZUB with just an A and B section, no C section.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly »

dave9876543210 wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 01:05
Sgt_DeBones wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 01:01
dave9876543210 wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 00:58 would rather have this
Lost me with the B section
that trams runs in my city and they are really like 2 low floor sections at each end and a high bit in the middle
SHEFFIELD SUPERTRAM!!! Love It!
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Jul 2019, 15:05 If you are planning a Rijndam version.... I really like the spacious interior of the Amsterdam M5 metro trains; https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bestand:A ... erieur.jpg
And evenly spaced doors along the length of the train would also be a plus, as I still hope Michiel will add the functionality needed to install platform edge doors in the future ;)
I will have a thought about the placements of the seats. The only downside of it is that there's not going te be a 120 meter unit, but a fixed 60 and 30+ meter unit as it is not needed to have such a long unit that cannot be decoupled by just the driver.

I'm not here.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Samuel wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 18:07 I will have a thought about the placements of the seats. The only downside of it is that there's not going te be a 120 meter unit, but a fixed 60 and 30+ meter unit as it is not needed to have such a long unit that cannot be decoupled by just the driver.
The GVB have ordered a half-length variant of the M5 metro (and called it the M7). It will have the same shape and interior (same seating arangement) as the M5. So the length doesn't really have a big effect on the interior ;)
(Main reason they go for a half-length version; that way they can shorten trains during less busy off-peak hours. And they have to replace the older rolling stock anyway)

https://over.gvb.nl/nieuws/zo-ziet-nieu ... dam-eruit/
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metromaterieel_M7
(websites in Dutch)

Some news on Rijndam; I grew tired of having to reverse one of the two RijndamRail trainservices on a siding, a few hundred meters past a small trainstation. It's just not efficient as it only leads to empty running (and it's not an appropriate site to install a passenger station).
I wanted it to have a proper destination terminus, but in a way which should allow existing activities to function without mayor modifications. So I removed siding F99 from Rijndam 2022 V1.3, and added a new station a bit further down the line.
As the destination letter is still "Y" (also needed to keep existing activities working), I wanted a station name corresponding to that letter. "Ypenburg" came to mind (a non-fictional name, but it fits the destination letter);

Taveling time to and from this location will be about the same; it is further, but you do not have to drive at 40km/h for the last full block to get here.
Tracks 1 and 3 are through-tracks, as this is supposed to be a mainline railway (and not a local one, like Rijndam Buitenvelden - Noordvliet). Track 2 can only be used to reverse trains. If needed, track 1 (station building side) can also be used to reverse trains from Rijndam.
(The F99 spawnpoint is now located on track 2 at this station, so no changes are needed there)

And as an added advantage; I am not planning to build it into activities myself, but this does give you a new place the drive intercity trains to (NS1700/TRAXX + ICF/ICR); platforms 1 and 3 will fit 200m trains, so about 7 carriages in between two locomotives.
A4ex

Post by A4ex »

nice Work
I like trains ;)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Where's located the new Ypenburg station?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 08:09 Where's located the new Ypenburg station?
Sjoerd wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 18:55 So I removed siding F99 from Rijndam 2022 V1.3, and added a new station a bit further down the line....

...Taveling time to and from this location will be about the same; it is further, but you do not have to drive at 40km/h for the last full block to get here.
I think that makes it clear... After Rijndam Zuid.
So the RijndamRail trains on this line will now serve: Rijndam Molenwijk - Rijndam Centraal - Rijndam Zuid - Ypenburg (instead of ending at the former siding F99).
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

I can imagine services like this
RR1 : Rijndam Central • Rijndam Blaak • Rijndam Westplein • Rijndam Buitenvelden • Rijndam Chris Gutjahr Laan • Rijndam Javeaplein • Noordvliet
RR2 : (Rijndam Airport •) Rijndam Molenwijk • Rijndam Centraal • Rijndam Zuid • Ypenburg
RR3 : Rijndam Airport • (Rijndam Molenwijk •) Rijndam Central • (Rijndam Blaak •) Rijndam Westplein

I realy enjoy the new station Ypenburg on RR2 line.
Last : A question. Is it thecnically possible to run a service SPR Rijndam Central <> Panbos (like a M1 replacement) ?
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Citadis wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 09:39 Last : A question. Is it thecnically possible to run a service SPR Rijndam Central <> Panbos (like a M1 replacement) ?
If you use the RR SG4 you could probably do it (just be aware the connecting track at Noordvliet wasn't designed with regular service in mind, so the AI might have some problems there).
It won't be possible with real railway rolling stock, as the platform edges on M1 are closer to the track compared to railway platforms.