Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Alfacinha315

Re: Rijndam

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 26 Jan 2019, 21:52 Oh that.... Take a look at the station; the platform for the direction Molenwijk can only be reached by using escalators. So you wont be able to use it by wheelchair, and therefore, this station is only wheelchair-accessible when traveling in the direction of the city center (as the other platform can be reached without using stairs or escalators). ;)
Yeah, I am now analyzing the picture of the station. Thanks! So, in that situation people should take the metro at Simvlietlaan, as Molenwijk also only has scalators.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Hey guys! Here's the M1 Normal Service activity for Rijndam 1985, but with the LU1973 stock replacing the old MG2 units.

Enjoy! :)

PS: it's already added on the Wiki... ;)

PPS: I have the activity file duplicated in this post... Please help me solve this problem.
Attachments
M1_NormalService LU1973.zip
(5.46 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
LU1973 Rijndam 1985.jpg
LU1973 Rijndam 1985.jpg (187.25 KiB) Viewed 4219 times
(5.46 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
(5.46 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Recently I received the FGV 2300 series diesel train from Guille3604. A train which fits really well for services to and from Denia, as in reality, this type of train has been used on the (Alicante -) Benidorm - Denia line, until it was replaced by, or rebuild into if you prefer, the current 2500-series diesel train.

The conversion to Metrosimulator is on its way;

One point of interest; it is a narrow gauge train; in runs on 1000mm gauge track.
So in Rijndam 2006, where the Denia line is a diesel railway which branches of at Rijndam Zuid from the main line, I have changed the situation (this will be the new situation in the 3.15 release): the Denia railway is uncoupled from the main line, and converted to meter-gauge. The line has got its own track at Rijndam Zuid, from where it departs towards Denia.

The line has also been refitted with Spanish signs and signals along the tracks (made by myself), and Spanish railway crossings (made by Senjer).
The conversion of the line is now in the testing stage.

The train now has a page on the Wiki. On the request of Guille3604, the text of the Wiki has also been made available in Valencian.
http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/FGV_2300
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 15:56 Recently I received the FGV 2300 series diesel train from Guille3604. A train which fits really well for services to and from Denia, as in reality, this type of train has been used on the (Alicante -) Benidorm - Denia line, until it was replaced by, or rebuild into if you prefer, the current 2500-series diesel train.

The conversion to Metrosimulator is on its way;

One point of interest; it is a narrow gauge train; in runs on 1000mm gauge track.
So in Rijndam 2006, where the Denia line is a diesel railway which branches of at Rijndam Zuid from the main line, I have changed the situation (this will be the new situation in the 3.15 release): the Denia railway is uncoupled from the main line, and converted to meter-gauge. The line has got its own track at Rijndam Zuid, from where it departs towards Denia.

The line has also been refitted with Spanish signs and signals along the tracks (made by myself), and Spanish railway crossings (made by Senjer).
The conversion of the line is now in the testing stage.

The train now has a page on the Wiki. On the request of Guille3604, the text of the Wiki has also been made available in Valencian.
http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/FGV_2300
Cool! :D
Can't wait to use these trains at the Simvliet Poort branch, which was closed due to the insufficient height of the tunnel to electrify it...

And will you make activities for the new Rijndam Zuid - Denia line?
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

I have another question: if in Rijndam 2006 we have two services (Rijndam Centraal - Rijndam Buitenvelden and Rijndam Centraal - Denia), with the new FGV 2300 terminating at Rijndam Zuid how the passengers will make the connection from there to Rijndam Centraal?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 17:51 I have another question: if in Rijndam 2006 we have two services (Rijndam Centraal - Rijndam Buitenvelden and Rijndam Centraal - Denia), with the new FGV 2300 terminating at Rijndam Zuid how the passengers will make the connection from there to Rijndam Centraal?
Change trains at Rijndam Zuid.
I'll just convert the existing CS - Denia service into a CS - Rijndam Zuid service. Nothing complicated, as I still have more projects on my to-do list....
Should be simple; it's only one train (service 702) that's effected. And with the new line; I'll do my best to create a reasonable connection for the passengers; try to avoid so-called "red-light connections" (where you arrive at the station by train, and you can just see the red taillights of your connecting train leaving the platform :D ).

If you want a more complicated timetable, that'll be your challenge to create new activities ;)

And don't worry; yes I'll put in an activity to run on the narrow gauge line too.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 18:34
Alfacinha315 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 17:51 I have another question: if in Rijndam 2006 we have two services (Rijndam Centraal - Rijndam Buitenvelden and Rijndam Centraal - Denia), with the new FGV 2300 terminating at Rijndam Zuid how the passengers will make the connection from there to Rijndam Centraal?
Change trains at Rijndam Zuid.
I'll just convert the existing CS - Denia service into a CS - Rijndam Zuid service. Nothing complicated, as I still have more projects on my to-do list....
Should be simple; it's only one train (service 702) that's effected. And with the new line; I'll do my best to create a reasonable connection for the passengers; try to avoid so-called "red-light connections" (where you arrive at the station by train, and you can just see the red taillights of your connecting train leaving the platform :D ).

If you want a more complicated timetable, that'll be your challenge to create new activities ;)

And don't worry; yes I'll put in an activity to run on the narrow gauge line too.
Thanks for your answer Sjoerd. ;)

BTW, good work on the train... Will it has passenger views?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 20:30 BTW, good work on the train... Will it has passenger views?
It doesn't really have an interior that would justify a passenger view (it's a bit like the RET5000 series metro), but I'll put in a passenger camera position anyway ;)
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

I thought of doing the interior, but as I don't really have that much pictures of the inside, I just decided to do a basic sketch of the inside from the outside. I do have one problem, and that is that I need to model almost everything that I see in a photo, or I'm not really happy, or at least almost everything. xD
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

I was going to ask if the route between Westwoud and Denia was going to use a dual-gauge gauntlet track for trams but now I see it is obsolete due to that it is only Rijndam 1985 that's getting the narrow gauge line. Am I correct?
This is now a dead account.