Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

LosAngelesMetro56

Re: Rijndam

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Wouldn't the intercity lines also skip Station Blaak? I think Blaak is too frequent for the intercity lines to stop. So it would be Rijndam Airport - Rijndam Centraal - Station Westplein...etc
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Just preparing some activities for the 'new' rolling stock :D

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 21:24 Wouldn't the intercity lines also skip Station Blaak? I think Blaak is too frequent for the intercity lines to stop. So it would be Rijndam Airport - Rijndam Centraal - Station Westplein...etc
Yes, the Rijndam Blaak station would not be a typical intercity stop. In Rijndam, I would only classify the central station, and station Westplein as intercity stops (and the airport ofcourse).
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 19:20
Sjoerd wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 22:48 A small change in the Rijndam 2022 (v1.3) Molenwijk depot track layout.
As stated earlier, RijndamRail can get maintenance services at the sidings next to the Molenwijk metro depot. With a new series of doubledecker trains, it can be desirable to get easier acces to the main maintenance facility (rather then shunting around a lot).
As not all tracks in the workshop are needed for metro rolling stock, a small change has been made to create direct acces from the train tracks to the workshop's two short tracks (each long enough for one RR-DDM train). :)
The other 4 (through) tracks remain in use for the metro system. If needed, the two short workshop tracks can ofcourse still be reached from the metro system... but that would require shunting around a bit with a locomotive. :D

And another option how to get metro train on NS railway network goes down the drain! :x :evil:
Okay, I have solved it. a switch, making one of the workshop tracks turned over to the RijndamRail trains directly reachable to both trains and metro's.
This not only makes that track more flexible (trains on both networks can be serviced here), but it also gives you another option to get metro's to the train tracks. ;)
MattH

Post by MattH »

MattH wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 04:21 Can you increase the speed of the tram-tunnels between Oranjeboomstraat and Steenstraat to 60km/h, and possibly banking and increasing the speed between Brielselaan and Dagobertlaan to 50km/h? Having the tram-tunnels slow negates an obvious advantage tram-tunnels have, other than traffic (which is not modelled :lol: 8-) )

In 1985, Can you extend the Noorderpoort railway sidings to the road, and extend the platforms at Rijndam Airport to allow 6-car trains to fit (for expos and the like)?

On the heavy-rail lines there is not enough satisfyingly long sidings for Intercity trains. (there is only 1 siding near RDC that can hold 2x HSM sets) (the Noorderpoortlijnen don't count because they are only local lines)

Which way are the destinations Amsterdam, Brussels and Simvliet in relation to Rijndam? And can those destinations be added to 2006&2018 eras?
just a reminder ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MattH wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 14:16 Can you increase the speed of the tram-tunnels between Oranjeboomstraat and Steenstraat to 60km/h, and possibly banking and increasing the speed between Brielselaan and Dagobertlaan to 50km/h? Having the tram-tunnels slow negates an obvious advantage tram-tunnels have, other than traffic (which is not modelled :lol: 8-) )
I have looked into it. The current speed limit on that section is 50 km/h, and there are two curves you have to pass. One of them is suitable for 54 km/h, and the other (juist outside the Oranjeboomstraat platforms) is suitable for 32 km/h. So actually, the 50km/h limit is already to high... Yes, I could move some of the signals, and set the speed limit outside that tight curve to 60, but to be fair, I'd also have to set the speedlimit in that curve to 35 or even 30. On balance, that doesn't really get you to the next stop faster.... ;)
In 1985, Can you extend the Noorderpoort railway sidings to the road
Yes:

(Note: I will keep the Bursa-T's as default in activities here; the Rijndam Airport tunnel, which later becomes line M4, has proven to be too low for the railway rolling stock I have made; the NS1700 doesn't fit under the overhead wires in the tunnel, and the RR-DDM is even higher then the ceiling. The new railwaytunnel in Rijndam 2022 has been specially build, so both trains will fit in there... ;) )
and extend the platforms at Rijndam Airport
No; that would mean rebuilding the entire station (not simple, especially with an underground station), which I would then have to do in all Rijndam versions....
On the heavy-rail lines there is not enough satisfyingly long sidings for Intercity trains. (there is only 1 siding near RDC that can hold 2x HSM sets) (the Noorderpoortlijnen don't count because they are only local lines)
I have looked at it; as there isn't a lot of room, the only way I see to get more long sidings, is to convert the railway line curving to the right (next to the line to Rijndam Molenwijk) from a continuing line (ending in a turning loop as it leaves the map) into a pair of sidings. These are tracks "FG" and "EG" on your CVL screen. They would then become sidings, probably coded S17 and S18.
If that is wat you want? If so, I'll be happy to make that modification.
Which way are the destinations Amsterdam, Brussels and Simvliet in relation to Rijndam?
Let's leave that to your imagination ;)
And can those destinations be added to 2006&2018 eras?
I have hardwired the ICF carriage destination displays, and those of the RR-DDM, with a range of destinations for Rijndam, Simvliet, and MG2's H2 Corridor. And I have added a few real destinations too. They are available in any route you put these trains in.
Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly »

Are the sounds different for the RR-DDM?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It uses SG3 sounds, except for the horn and the door sounds.
Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly »

Sjoerd wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 18:47 It uses SG3 sounds, except for the horn and the door sounds.
Thats Cool, nice to see different door sounds in game!
luka23

Post by luka23 »

I'm curious about that seeing sounds thing^^
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

luka23 wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 21:23 I'm curious about that seeing sounds thing^^
:lol: