Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

<Swaggerboy> wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 23:09 It looks great!! Is there an rough idea of the release date??
Shortly after 3.15....
I do not know when that will be.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Kroneheit

Post by Kroneheit »

---
Last edited by Kroneheit on 30 Nov 2018, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 22:48 A small change in the Rijndam 2022 (v1.3) Molenwijk depot track layout.
As stated earlier, RijndamRail can get maintenance services at the sidings next to the Molenwijk metro depot. With a new series of doubledecker trains, it can be desirable to get easier acces to the main maintenance facility (rather then shunting around a lot).
As not all tracks in the workshop are needed for metro rolling stock, a small change has been made to create direct acces from the train tracks to the workshop's two short tracks (each long enough for one RR-DDM train). :)
The other 4 (through) tracks remain in use for the metro system. If needed, the two short workshop tracks can ofcourse still be reached from the metro system... but that would require shunting around a bit with a locomotive. :D

And another option how to get metro train on NS railway network goes down the drain! :x :evil:
Yeah there's an option, that I can tow the metro train from Station Westplein depot, but there's a glitch, which causes vehicle's panto to break down soon after it touches first catenary pole in direction to Noordvliet close to the turn leading to the Station Westplein depot.
Strangely this glitch doesn't occur, when metro train is spawned directly on NS railway in explore mode or goes here from Molenwijk depot.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 19:20 Yeah there's an option, that I can tow the metro train from Station Westplein depot, but there's a glitch, which causes vehicle's panto to break down soon after it touches first catenary pole in direction to Noordvliet close to the turn leading to the Station Westplein depot.
Strangely this glitch doesn't occur, when metro train is spawned directly on NS railway in explore mode or goes here from Molenwijk depot.
With that description, I found the problem, and solved it. ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Is that the same problem with the pantographs breaking when entering Station Westplein from the city centre on both tracks of M2/M3 or is that a different problem entirely?
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I believe I solved that one a long time ago.... The problem this time was a break-the-pantograph definition that was located at the track leading up to the mainline from the Bergseweg railyard (aka depot Bergenseweg for the metro network).
The original intent of this break-the-pantograph definition was to break the pantograph if you drive with a raised pantograph from a non-electrified track on to the mainline, at which point your pantograph would be raised higher then the wires of the mainline you are entering. That would result in damage that looks like this; http://energievoorziening.info/storing/ ... ilburg.htm
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 21:57 I believe I solved that one a long time ago.... The problem this time was a break-the-pantograph definition that was located at the track leading up to the mainline from the Bergseweg railyard (aka depot Bergenseweg for the metro network).
The original intent of this break-the-pantograph definition was to break the pantograph if you drive with a raised pantograph from a non-electrified track on to the mainline, at which point your pantograph would be raised higher then the wires of the mainline you are entering. That would result in damage that looks like this; http://energievoorziening.info/storing/ ... ilburg.htm
*Looks at the link* JESUS! :shock: RIP NS 1700! That locomotive is done. :cry: I guess that locomotive was scrapped 'cause there's no way to fix that panto. And catenary needs to be rewound.
Sjoerd wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 21:20 With that description, I found the problem, and solved it. ;)
Be aware, that is present in Rijndam 2006, 2018, 2020 and all versions of Rijndam 2022!
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I don't think they scrapped the whole locomotive just because of one broken part. They probably just replaced the pantograph.

Yes, I fixed the problem in all Rijndam versions... But only the latest 2022 version.
Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly »

Is there an updated network map available, so I can learn the updated network.
Thanks
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The network map remains the same. The only network-change for the next Rijndam 2022 (v1.3): a national railways nonstop Intercity service from Rijndam Central Station to Rijndam Airport (with a new train station next to the 'Rijndam Airport Terminals 1-3' metro station). It passes the trainstation Rijndam Molenwijk, but does not stop there.