Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

SFMUNI

Re: Rijndam

Post by SFMUNI »

Quick question, shouldn’t there be a M1 Westport rollsign?
SFMTA does not know how to run a metro system or light rail or streetcar. 8-)
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

SFMUNI wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 19:56 Quick question, shouldn’t there be a M1 Westport rollsign?
These trains actually don't run in Rijndam in 2020 and 2022, (the versions, the M1 rush hour extension to Westpoort exists) and in the two activities they're used, they run only in lines M2, M3 and M6.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Jim2016 wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 20:03
SFMUNI wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 19:56 Quick question, shouldn’t there be a M1 Westport rollsign?
These trains actually don't run in Rijndam in 2020 and 2022, (the versions, the M1 rush hour extension to Westpoort exists) and in the two activities they're used, they run only in lines M2, M3 and M6.
And M4 when 81-717 is not there.
Kroneheit

Post by Kroneheit »

Maybe @Sjoerd you can make this usefull for the Metro M5! Its to bad to throw this away... :) And you then mustn't change between Overhead wires and third rail before Transferium.
Attachments
Transferium.jpg
Transferium.jpg (349.84 KiB) Viewed 4685 times
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Then you would loose your crossplatform interchange with M4.
You can of course also make an activity in which you use trams between Transferium Rijndijk and Denia, and use these low-floor platforms ;)

The main reason I built these platforms was the tram exploition in Rijndam 2020; lowering one of the upper level platforms (in order to keep cross platform interchange) would mean that there would be only one platform for each platform height, which would not be strategically sound concept.
So, I built these lower level tracks/platforms instead.
Now that line M5 is back in Rijndam 2022, I could restore the cross platform interchange. I didn't remove the lower platforms, as they were not in the way, and they could stille be used if you want to go there with a tram. ;)

But if it's requested by more people.... I can extend the overhead wires for M5 to include the upper platforms....
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Kroneheit

Post by Kroneheit »

Ok, i understand. But it would be realy nice if you could put the overhead wires until the upper platform, and that some M4 trains are still 5600/5700 instead of only russian trains.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Now that both Senjer and I are working on Dutch locomotives (resp. the TRAXX and NS1700) and intercity carriages (resp. ICR and ICF), I think we are in need of a line to use them on.
Ofcourse; you can use them between Simvliet Central Station and Simvliet Haven, and on the RijndamRail service Molenwijk-Noordvliet, but those are built for local services with stations pretty close together. We need a bit more distance. So, I started building a new line in Rijndam.... :)

Yes, I know I have stated before that Rijndam has gotten too big already, but I couldn't stop myself :lol:
I am planning a Rijndam 2022 v1.3, to include the new line (and I'll keep is as easy as possible on your computers ;) ): The Airport Express Shuttleservice. An intercity trainservice between Rijndam Central Station and Rijndam Airport.
It's still a short run; if you do not stop at Rijndam Molenwijk, it takes you about 7 minutes. But this way, I avoided building a lot of new scenery or even another city to go to.

The concept will be a PPP-funded (Public-Private Partnership) new line to the airport, to relieve stress on line M4. Passengers can also take the faster train service, but ofcourse with a surcharge (for the faster service, and to get a bit of return on investment for building the line). This surcharge will be handled automatically by the chipcard-portals at the new airport trainstation (which is right next to the M4 station, but at a 90 degree angle).
The inspiration for this new line; Heathrow Airport both has the Piccadilly line and the (more expensive) Heathrow Express to take you into London.

The new line branches off the main line about a kilometer past Rijndam Molenwijk, curves to the left, and then goes in an almost straight line for the airport. The last bit is underground again, and this time I paid extra attention to the ceiling height, in order to get the overhead wires in (at 4,7 meters wire-height) so the heavyrail trains still fit. :D
At Rijndam Airport, the island platform in the new station is long enough for trains of 6 carriages in between 2 locomotives (on the screenshot above I used a 5-carriage train). Running with one locomotive is also possible; I have build switches to make it possible to shunt the locomotive to the other end of the train.
Most of the line has a speed limit of 140 km/h (the maximum speed ATB-EG will allow), but the last bit underground is limited to 80 km/h (due to a few curves I needed to build there).
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Kroneheit

Post by Kroneheit »

Maybe you can make a Railway between Rijndam Centraal and Rijndam Airport! That would be nice!
PacerLover23

Post by PacerLover23 »

Adding on to the disused tram platforms , Why don't you turn it into another branch of T3 and extend M5 to central station or peak hours to Molenwijk
PacerLover23

Post by PacerLover23 »

Adding on to the disused tram platforms , Why don't you turn it into another branch of T3 and extend M5 to central station or peak hours to Molenwijk