Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

luka23

Re: Rijndam

Post by luka23 »

IIRC, it was closed due to the safety over there (what do you expect from Rotterdam Zuid)
MG2

Post by MG2 »

People not feeling safe in that area (and some other places in the city) is a known problem but the reason for closing the tunnel was the bifurcation of the lines. Converting the tunnel for both ways was not considered sensible or cheap.
SFMUNI

Post by SFMUNI »

I found this in the 3D warehouse, it is a classic American streetcar (PCC) and it looks OK to me. I was wondering if this could be a future Rijndam tram?
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... -Streetcar
Or this old Turkish Streetcar from Istanbul,
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... AMVAY-tram
SFMTA does not know how to run a metro system or light rail or streetcar. 8-)
SFMUNI

Post by SFMUNI »

And, there was a Mexico City rubber-tired metro, Airport line candidate?
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... o-DF-NM-02
SFMTA does not know how to run a metro system or light rail or streetcar. 8-)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I have already selected the next model I will be working on.... ;)
(And this time, the basic model comes from a different source then 3D Warehause)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
metro1

Post by metro1 »

Seriously, help me or tell me how we do to open the bridge please :|
I searched everywhere and nothing
there are some who talk about Easter egg but I do not understand anything
At worst tell me privately please
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

In Rijndam 2020, there is an activity in which the bridge opens. Then just look at the codes used to program that activity, and you will know how to open the bridge. ;)
metro1

Post by metro1 »

which ?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

When I was doing testruns with the Flexity Outlook tram, I discovered I had to move some platform edges as they were a bit too close to the tracks for this tram (which is a few centimeters wider then the KTM trams, for which the network was designed). This means; a Rijndam 2022 V1.2 is necessary to make the network suitable for Flexity Oulook services.
And if I am doing that anyway, I am making a few more ajustments.
  • Adapted platform edges (as needed) to facilitate the Flexity Outlook tram (moving the edge a few cm, hardly noticeable ;) ).
  • Double track at Rembrandtplein, to eliminate a possible cause for delays, and make higher frequencies on line T1 possible for busy days.
  • A reversing loop, with exit-platform, at Garenmarkt. This will make a city center extra service on line T1 possible (with unidirectional trams), between Central Station and Garenmarkt. The new platform is for exiting the vehicle only (so no departure display). For departure towards Central Station, the normal platform is used.
DaanSGMm

Post by DaanSGMm »

Sjoerd wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 21:56 When I was doing testruns with the Flexity Outlook tram, I discovered I had to move some platform edges as they were a bit too close to the tracks for this tram (which is a few centimeters wider then the KTM trams, for which the network was designed). This means; a Rijndam 2022 V1.2 is necessary to make the network suitable for Flexity Oulook services.
And if I am doing that anyway, I am making a few more ajustments.
  • Adapted platform edges (as needed) to facilitate the Flexity Outlook tram (moving the edge a few cm, hardly noticeable ;) ).
  • Double track at Rembrandtplein, to eliminate a possible cause for delays, and make higher frequencies on line T1 possible for busy days.
  • A reversing loop, with exit-platform, at Garenmarkt. This will make a city center extra service on line T1 possible (with unidirectional trams), between Central Station and Garenmarkt. The new platform is for exiting the vehicle only (so no departure display). For departure towards Central Station, the normal platform is used.
Cool! I'm quite disapointed that I can't play the 2022-Full because then my laptop would explode :) But i'm enjoying all the pictures and stuff :D
hello there :)