General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MattH

Re: Rijndam

Post by MattH »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 02:55
MattH wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 02:26 ...
Sjoerd wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 16:38 ...

Rijndam seems more dynamic between different years as opposed to Simvliet; which other than Michel hinting about a massive re-dev, nothing much has happened concerning Simvliet.

There is a gap of about 20 years between 1985 and 2006. (Yes, in Simvliet the gap is longer, but Rijndam seems more dynamic between different years and Michel said he'll make more versions of Simvliet)

There are 1994 versions of MG2 and SG2 trains.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MattH wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 03:40 Rijndam seems more dynamic between different years as opposed to Simvliet; which other than Michel hinting about a massive re-dev, nothing much has happened concerning Simvliet.
Michiel also has the simulator itself to work on. I just create content for the simulator, meaning I have more time to focus on the Rijndam network (and rolling stock). ;)
MattH wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 00:34 I don't know how in a space of 2 years they can build 2 underground lines and re-electrify a 5km stretch of track, but it happens in Rijndam... :|
The new lines (M4 city center tunnel and M6); they opened in Rijndam 2020, but perhaps the build started much earlier then 2018... The 2018 network in the simulation environment just contains the then available infrastructure :D
The re-electrification of M4; that is something that does not have to cost a lot of time (not counting design & fabrication of the parts, I'm just talking about installing it on the track).

About the M5 to T3 situation, I will make the modification, but I'll see to it that you can also still run M5 metro's if you want to; One of the two tracks between the single track section and the two metro platforms will remain available (the other will lead to the tram platforms), and at Lierdijk, Westwoud and Denia the scaffolding high platforms will be placed (at Denia probably on track 1). The new tramstop won't get a high platform, as the metro didn't stop there anyway. It will be like a transformation phase; from metro to tram, in a state in which both types of transport can be used (already build for tram, but metro can still be used). This way, activities you might make for Rijndam 2020 with line M5 will keep working. However, the default activities will use the tram service.
I already have build a basic two track tram terminus at Transferium Rijndijk, in a way that it does not do harm to the design of the station als you know it. In fact, I think I have found a really good way of implementing the new platforms. But no screenshots yet, until it is finished. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

You could follow the same idea from the T2 extension to Ketelplein. And the depot in Denia could be shared both with metros and trams.

That's just my suggestion... ;)
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Personally, I think the tram lines predate the metro network, but are not featured before Rijndam 2020.
Sjoerd wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 16:29 I already have build a basic two track tram terminus at Transferium Rijndijk, in a way that it does not do harm to the design of the station as you know it. In fact, I think I have found a really good way of implementing the new platforms. But no screenshots yet, until it is finished. ;)
That sounds nice. Now trains/trams from Denia won't block the other platforms for 5 minutes!

Can there be ticket barriers/ smartcard validators in 2018?

Is it possible to make lifts with a concrete box and glass fences? Stations built/upgraded after 1985 would have lifts IRL
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Lifts are not (yet) available as objects in the simulator (except from the one that is integrated in one of the metro station objects, which I used (for example) at Rijndam Blaak train station.

Placing those OV-Chipkaart equipment was a lot of work, so no, I am not going to add them to another network.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Sjoerd wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 21:53 Lifts are not (yet) available as objects in the simulator (except from the one that is integrated in one of the metro station objects, which I used (for example) at Rijndam Blaak train station.
The suggestion was to use the concrete wall and glass fence objects as a quick hack to make lifts. (even if they aren't really lifts, they kind of look like lifts) ;)
MattH

Post by MattH »

Can there be a crossover at Junction WP2 in 1985 like in all other eras?

I like the TBA boxes :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MattH wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 01:13 Can there be a crossover at Junction WP2 in 1985 like in all other eras?
Perhaps in a later release.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Sjoerd wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 16:29 About the M5 to T3 situation, I will make the modification.....
It has been build. Sadly, It did not make the 3.13 release....

To let you know what's in store, a few screenshots;

The Transferium Rijndijk tram terminus, situated on ground level directly under track TRD2:

The former track 850 is now the ramp between de tram platforms and the Denia line. The track on the far right can still be used to metro services to/from Denia:

Westwoud; the platform has been replaced with a platform at tram height. Temporary high platforms where added to keep metro rolling stock in service during the conversion:

Just before the terminus Denia, a new tramstop has been added; Denia Spoorplein (Denia railroad-square).

When this releases, activities you may have made with metroservice M5 will keep working (as long as it references the default Rijndam2020.ctd), and stop at the stations you are used to (but skip the new station). Just be aware; in Denia, only one platform (track 1) is still at metro height. The island platform between tracks 2 and 3 is lowered for the tram.
Last edited by Sjoerd on 01 May 2018, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Fantastic! :D
This is now a dead account.