Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Koppara

Re: Rijndam

Post by Koppara »

Sjoerd wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 16:23 No. ID 2 is always "Gereserveerd". The list with available destination ID's is in the same file, just below it.
It is not a dynamic text; it is just a texture with a destination that is shown, which is selected by the ID number.
Oh, I see! Thanks for clarifying :)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Where? ;)
Attachments
Bursa.jpg
Bursa.jpg (273.46 KiB) Viewed 6626 times
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Will the future version include a RijndamRail stop at Muziekbuurt? I heard claims from some passengers who take the line M1 everyday and see the train passing near the station, and this would be an fastest way to downtown...
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

They have to go to Molenwijk first and then take the train. Those trains are only for long distance not shorter ones.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

I found some grass on a road near Janeway Park...
Attachments
Someone forgot to cut the grass.jpg
Someone forgot to cut the grass.jpg (276.55 KiB) Viewed 6421 times
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

I know this is irrelevant but can someone leave a link to he post that has the Airport Transit repaint?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

VirtualGamer wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 00:34 I know this is irrelevant but can someone leave a link to he post that has the Airport Transit repaint?
Here is the SG2 repaint I made for the Airport Shuttleservice;
Attachments
TSkin4.png
TSkin4.png (387.34 KiB) Viewed 6142 times
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Not directly related to Metrosimulator, but as I recreated the Spanish Denia trainstation in Rijndam, here is a little update on the renovation that is going on there (a little offtopic, I know ;) ).

As you may recall, I made this photo myself last august (13-08-2017), seen from the station building:

And here is the station last week (seen from the other side, looking towards the station):
Source: https://www.denia.com/anuncian-inicio-l ... nales-ano/

Notice the low platforms; it is intended to use Stadler Citylink dual mode (overhead wires / diesel generator) trams when the line reopens next year.

Sadly, the above picture is not made by me. I have been in the area a week ago, but I did not have a change to visit the Denia trainstation.
I did however visit two other stations on the line, Gata and Tuelada (also now fitted with low platforms). Al photo's below are made by me, on the 28th and 29th of december 2017:

Gata:

Teulada:

Last edited by Sjoerd on 02 May 2018, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Wait, so the narrow gauge line will have overhead wires and crossing gates for future service?
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 20:52 Wait, so the narrow gauge line will have overhead wires and crossing gates for future service?
The whole Alicante to Denia line used to be a normal (but narrow gauge) railway:
Station La Villa Joiosa Then: https://farm1.static.flickr.com/323/202 ... 9d10_b.jpg

The Alicante to Benidorm section has been transformed to a tramline, with overhead wires (and a few metro-like sections, with underground stations, in the Alicante city center).
Station La Villa Joiosa Now: http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/74217963.jpg

At Benidorm, passengers must transfer to diesel trains (the overhad wires end at Benidorm). Between Benidorm and Altea, foundations for overhead wires are already present, and preparations to go from single to double tracks. And in the long run, full tramway operation all the way to Denia is planned. This will start by using Stadler Citylink trams which are equipped with diesel generators, so the overhead wires do not need to be installed immediately, but through-services will be possible (6 trams have been ordered, which might just be enough for a 1x/hour service Alicante - Denia).

As they are now changing to low platforms on the stations on the part of the line that is in renovation (Calp - Denia), I guess the diesel trains (https://s26.postimg.org/dal8e8rt5/WP_20 ... 01_Pro.jpg) will go out of service when the still closed section reopens. Or perhaps there might be a period with both types in use, for which they will need to install some temporary high platforms at each station for the older rolling stock (like here, at Benidorm: https://nl.zooverresources.com/images/E ... icante.jpg).

If full mountains and mountain-side lines where possible in Metrosimulator, I would be tempted to make a representation of this line in Metrosimulator :D
But for now, I just chose to recreate Denia, inspired on the old high platform situation, in Rijndam.

But to get back to your question; overhead wires are planned, but not installed just yet. Crossing gates stay. In fact, 15 minutes after I made that photo of the crossing in Gata, two men arrived, blocked of a part of the road for their own safety, and started putting a fresh coat of grey paint on the crossing gate installation on the other side of the track. ;)