LosAngelesMetro56

Re: Rijndam

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

I want and need more tram lines!!!
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 22:10 I want and need more tram lines!!!
At least partly, you will get your wish in the next version of Rijndam. This version will contain two things; a correction of the faults found, and a extension of line T2 by 3 stops, to Ketelplein. I am currently busy updating activities for this;

Tramstop Stationsweg (the road next to it being the road from the Monument area to train station Rijndam Buitenvelden):

Between Stationsweg and Ketelplein the line shares the tracks with line M2:

Ambachtslaan got low platforms for the tram on the outside. For this, a modernized station building was necessary:

At Ketelplein, the line ends at a new 3rd track (this could be added to the existing building), which is placed a bit higher next to the platform, to ensure same-level interchange with line M2.

All new tramstops have 60m platforms available (along with the rest of line T2), to facilitate coupled KTM 31 trams.
Last edited by Sjoerd on 02 May 2018, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
LosAngelesMetro56

I already know the pathing of how it's going to get to M2 (I mean, it's obvious) :D

But I wonder how the how T2's Stat. Buitenvelden. Like if it has whole new platforms that can also be used for buses on the side of the road or use the loop for both directions. HMMMMM... :?:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I could show a screenshot, but perhaps it is better not to show to much all at the same time. However, I think the solution is pretty logical. ;)
I had several ways to do it (make the connection to the existing tracks at the tram terminus) in mind, and reached the final shape on the bases of operational requirements (required movement options, costs if it where reality, exploitation concerns, etc).
MattH

Post by MattH »

Here are some bugs and annoyances:
Siding S13's track circuit is not working properly,
The speed limit between Lambik and Harlemmerplein is too high (is 70, should be 50),
The speed limit between Simvlietlaan and Houtweg in 1985 doesn't match 2006-on (ATB should send green-70, to be displayed green-60 where it's green-70 in 2006),
The old Ambachtslaan station's architecture seems too old for the timeframe built (60s/70s? it was built late 80s :? )
Line M6's architecture also seems too old in some places (also, how quickly do they build $#!t in Rijndam?)
Centraal station's M4 platform exit tunnel goes into a track pit :| :lol:
Brielselaan looks like it was built in the 80s (I think it was built 60s/70s, although that could be explained by a referb ;) )

Are there any grade crossings between the (1500v electrified) railway? If there is, you have to pay a guy to change the voltage in a hut near the crossing somewhere ;) .
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Whats wrong with track S13?
I'll check that M1 ATB issue tonight.
Yes there is one same level crossing between tram and railway, next to station Rijndam Buitenvelden. A viaduct or tunnel was not possible there. But changing voltage is not needed; I have looked at real world examples (especially the tram/train crossing at Leiden Lammenschans in the 1950s) and isolated the overhead wires at the crossing; both train and tram pass the crossing on a short powerless section. So don't stall out on those few meters! :lol:
MattH

Post by MattH »

Sjoerd wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 06:17 Whats wrong with track S13?
When you spawn a train on Siding S13, the train isn't detected.
Also, when going down the South-East line (EG/FG) the cab signal cuts out (displaying 10-perm instead of 40/60)
Sjoerd wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 06:17 Yes there is one same level crossing between tram and railway, next to station Rijndam Buitenvelden. A viaduct or tunnel was not possible there. But changing voltage is not needed; I have looked at real world examples (especially the tram/train crossing at Leiden Lammenschans in the 1950s) and isolated the overhead wires at the crossing; both train and tram pass the crossing on a short powerless section. So don't stall out on those few meters! :lol:
Close to where I live there are 3 tram-train level crossings - at Glenhuntly, Kooyong and Riversdale; and until relatively recently, at Gardiner ;)
Next to those crossings there is a signal box, where the voltage is changed and of course signals are controlled (600v/1500v).

I assume the trams are powered by 750v DC (same as the metros)?
senjer

Post by senjer »

If i'm not mistaking, the trams in Rotterdam are powered by 600V DC. The metro's are powered by 750V DC on both power systems (pantograph and third rail).
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That is true. Also in St Petersburg (example for the trams) it is 600V. But let us say it is 750V in Rijndam; that is easier on the trams for the part they share with line M2, as they do not need equipment for 2 voltages, or run on less then 100% of design efficiency when running on the non-metro part. ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

I'm guess if the 2nd railway crossing that separates RijndamRail's crossing and M2's crossing is some sort of underpass for T2.