Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

VirtualGamer wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 19:37 There's an error on the Rijndam 2006 Airport Shuttleservice activity...
Here is the corrected activity;
Attachments
xAirport Shuttle for Rijndam2006.zip
(10.26 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

Also, is Line 5 still extended to Central Station during rush hour in Rijndam 2020?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

No. Extending a metro line for just the rush hours means changing the timetable 4 times a day. Each time this involves changing how long a train takes to reach its destination, and therefore the time until it can start its next run. This in turn means entering more trains into the network (to keep the same intervals, as the same train takes longer to go around and start again for the next run), and taking them out again at the next change (when the rushhours are over). This requires carefull planning (where is the extra train parked when not in service? At CS, the transferium or Denia? At the timetable change, at what time should it be shunted to the platform? At the end, it needs to end up where it started to have it ready again at the next change of the timetable, so it needs to pass that location at a time which does not leave a large gap in the timetable until the next in-service train, and so on...).
And also; you want meaningfull intervals between trains on the shared sections; you want to avoid two trains running just behind each other. This is a very complicated puzzle, if you want to do it right. And as I have professionally made public transport timetables, I feel obligated to do it right. But having done this puzzle already in Rijndam 2018, I did not feel the need to do it again. This is a hobby, not a job :D

A second consideration; if you come from Denia to Central Station and want to end there, you need to go to tracks 2+3 and the reversing track behind it. Those tracks are already in use by line M2 and M3, so you risk disturbing those lines. And you create a situation in which trains in the direction Transferium Rijndijk depart from Central Station from two different platform levels (line M4 passes at tracks 5+6 on the lower level).... This can also be confusing to passengers.

For Denia to CS services; you can still run them in Rijndam 2018. ;)
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

VirtualGamer wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 19:37 There's an error on the Rijndam 2006 Airport Shuttleservice activity...
Actually that error is on all Rijndam 2006 activities. :lol: :roll:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

VirtualGamer wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 23:21
Actually that error is on all Rijndam 2006 activities. :lol: :roll:
It's not. I have searched for it after this comment. So please give me a list of all activities you found a problem with, and tell me where you noticed the problem in each of them, so I can solve it.

The only one I have found:

"Line M1 RR.act"
-> Search for (at line 2353, near the bottom):

<consist start="LD2">
<train pack="RijndamRail" file="9000.xml" number="9001">
<cab id="0" enabled="true" ai="702"/>
</train>
</consist>

Change to:

<consist start="LD1">
<train pack="RijndamRail" file="9000.xml" number="9001">
<cab id="1" enabled="true" ai="702"/>
</train>
</consist>

Save.
metro sim addict

Post by metro sim addict »

Hi Sjoerd! Great Maps for 3.11 and 3.12! Are there any activities that have the Tram, Metro and Railway running in?
Sub to my Youtube Channel Please!
youtube.com/GeorgeAllen
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

I looked at the acts, it turns out no.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

metro sim addict wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 10:53 Are there any activities that have the Tram, Metro and Railway running in?
Sjoerd wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 19:26
Chris wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 19:09 Hey Sjoerd, is there any activity where tram service and metro service run together?
Not in this version; due to the large computer requirements (my computer is about 5 years old and has no problem with it, after I did some cleaning up of unnecessary objects, so I guess it will be fine for most people), I only made tram activities with no Metro traffic.
You can always make a mixed activity yourself; the networks are separate, so in theory, you can merge existing activities into a new one with minimal effort.
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

:| I spotted problems in Rijndam 2020.
ATP error RCS.PNG
ATP error RCS.PNG (11.71 KiB) Viewed 4680 times
I think it is an ATP insulator that is faulty.
Catenery error.jpg
Catenery error.jpg (160.76 KiB) Viewed 4680 times
Towards Panbos, the pantograph passes through the catenary.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Both problems have been found, and have been fixed in the next version of Rijndam 2020.

For now, as I can't send a Rijndam 2020 update (as it is build into 3.12), you'd better avoid going from track 801 to track 810. :roll: :oops: