Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

EddyQ10Trains

Re: Rijndam

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Wait so there is no way of fading the tunnel lights before I enter the game?
Member of Parliment {House of Representatives/Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal} for Leidsebuurt and Haarlemmerplein

Still a curious geezer :lol: :lol:
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Sjoerd wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 23:33 Me too, after a few hours of trying to render a Rijndam 2020 movie with captions that keep disappearing after rendering, or recoders that stop recording as they want to complain about harddisk space (after they write multiple gigabytes of raw data for just a few minutes of image recording).
You could try using MSI Afterburner, which is free and doesn't do that.
I'm not here.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

When I look up its website, it tells me MSI Afterburner is not a video managing tool, but a graphics card overclocking tool. I don't feel comfortable going beyond designed operation limits ( = overclocking) on expensive equipment like a laptop. ;)

I have googled my problem; it seems that many more people have problems with making captions in video's, and the provided solutions do not work. In the end; it only works with playback in the editors tool own player, and nowhere else.
So I uploaded the video to Youtube, and made the captions all over again there.
Sadly, this means showing them remains optional. So make sure they are on! I tried to put them on by default, but if this does not work, go to the bottom right corner of the screen and click on "CC" to activate them.

In the video, we visit a part of the line M4 city center tunnel, a part of line M6, and the Airport Shuttleservice with the new rolling stock.

Preview Rijndam 2020 for Metrosimulator Beta 3.12
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 09:27 When I look up its website, it tells me MSI Afterburner is not a video managing tool, but a graphics card overclocking tool. I don't feel comfortable going beyond designed operation limits ( = overclocking) on expensive equipment like a laptop. ;)
I meant that you can record with it, without it stopping after 30 seconds.
I'm not here.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

OBS Studio works pretty good for me as well, in fact it's what I use for the livestreams on youtube. And it's totally free.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I will take a look at it. But I probably won't be doing livestreams myself ;)
EddyQ10Trains

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 09:27 When I look up its website, it tells me MSI Afterburner is not a video managing tool, but a graphics card overclocking tool. I don't feel comfortable going beyond designed operation limits ( = overclocking) on expensive equipment like a laptop. ;)

I have googled my problem; it seems that many more people have problems with making captions in video's, and the provided solutions do not work. In the end; it only works with playback in the editors tool own player, and nowhere else.
So I uploaded the video to Youtube, and made the captions all over again there.
Sadly, this means showing them remains optional. So make sure they are on! I tried to put them on by default, but if this does not work, go to the bottom right corner of the screen and click on "CC" to activate them.

In the video, we visit a part of the line M4 city center tunnel, a part of line M6, and the Airport Shuttleservice with the new rolling stock.

Preview Rijndam 2020 for Metrosimulator Beta 3.12

I can't click on the video.
Member of Parliment {House of Representatives/Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal} for Leidsebuurt and Haarlemmerplein

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9KRIu4ibSM

(no need to quote a long post for that ;) )
EddyQ10Trains

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Thanks, it looks good. Well one man!

P.S I am still a newbie.

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

A screenshot from an activity I made today (yesterday by now, as I look at the time :D )(Rijndam 2006); ;)

Last edited by Sjoerd on 02 May 2018, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.