Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

Looking at your CVL screenshot, you are in Rijndam 2016.
I have tested it, and I have found the problem. The cause is similar to the last Rijndam 2016 problem, which caused metro's not to raise their pantograph at Station Westplein before continuing to Monument. It is a case of (not) using capslock on stop names in the CTD file.

I have solved the problem, and made a few more changes to the CTD file, to be ahead of possible extra problems of this kind.

-> Download the file below
-> unpack, and copy the resulting Rijndam.ctd file to Data\Rijndam\Activities
-> Overwrite when asked.

(A link to this post has been placed on the Rijndam 2016 wiki page, in case you need to find it again later)
Attachments
Rijndam 2016 - update CTD 20170608.zip
Rijndam 2016 CTD update 2
(9.29 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MattH

Post by MattH »

When did the lines get their numbers?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

When I made up the Rijndam project.
I was inspired by the Paris metro, which uses M1, M2, M3..... for Metro lines, and T1, T2, T3.... for Tram lines.
MattH

Post by MattH »

I mean In-universe...
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

They always have. In Rijndam 1985, there is also line M1 and M2. The numbers are just not shown on the vehicles, but they are there in a administrative way; I have used them in my timetable design (I write all timetibles completely down in excel, all trains, for full days of service), and they are being used for the service numbers.
If you have not noticed before, in all my activities, the service/duty number of a metro starts with the line number. Service 1 on line M1 is numbered 101, service 3 on line M4 is numbered 403, and so on.

As for showing the line numbers on the vehicles; look at the Utrecht system (tram lines, but with metro quality rolling stock); officially they are lines 60 and 61, but the vehicles are not showing those numbers (just the destination).

http://www.fransmensonides.nl/foto13/u-ovtram.jpg

Next year Utrecht gets a third line (the Uithoflijn, now being build), so the network gets a little bit more complex, and now they are introducing numbers on the (new) vehicles;

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 01-III.jpg
http://www.regiotramutrecht.nl/publish/ ... trecht.jpg

The same in Rijndam; numbers start appearing on the vehicles when the network gets more complex. For example at the opening of M3 (which will not become a new Rijndam year by the way, I case that's your next question :lol: ).
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

What is that dashed line on route M1 between Garenmarkt and Westpoort?

Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Rush hour service like in London. That's also M1.
emil84

Post by emil84 »

yes the m1 rush hour extras terminate at westpoort to add a most rapid connection with the west side of the central loop and with the central station to the passengers from west side of the city
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes; the M1 rushhour services arrive at Westpoort track 3, and offer cross platform transfer to M2/M3 direction Monument/Rijnland ZKH.

On the way back you have to start driving left, so there is a new switch, in order to get to the correct track before reaching Garenmarkt again.
I have already made an activity where you drive this service.
emil84

Post by emil84 »

small bug on rjindam '85,in the activity ai weekday the trains to ketelplein after westplein in the curve to vossemerlaan the pantograph gets up at most out from the catenary and return after few second,very small bug but i noted it,i don't know it's only on this activity or on the others also