Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MTRHK

Re: Rijndam

Post by MTRHK »

With the rerouting of M4 will the frequency of M1 be increased?

And why are there 3 platforms at Denia, doesn't the single track only mean that only 1 (or maybe 2) platforms can be used for an efficient service?
emil84

Post by emil84 »

On the m1 not is possible to increase the frequency because of the single track between noordvliet and panbos
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MTRHK wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 11:20 With the rerouting of M4 will the frequency of M1 be increased?
No. Line M1 can not get a higher frequency, due to the single track sections beyond Noordvliet. During rushhours, there are already extra services on line M1. And the new city centre tunnel for line M4 will also mean a wider spreading of the number of passengers over the network; there will be passengers who (for example) used the station "Stadhuis", who will now use "Burcht" as that might be closer to their actual point of departure/destination.

And aside from that; Metrosimulator simulates all metro's in the network in detail (even the opening end closing of the doors), even if they are not directly visible to the player, and even if they are on the other side of the network. That requires a lot of computer power, slowing down your computer. So when adding new lines and routes, you can't start increasing frequencies all over the network. In fact, I have even reduced the frequencies on lines M2/M3 back to every 10 minutes (per line) for this reason, as compensation for adding line M6, and increasing the frequency on the Sprinter service to every 15 minutes, and adding a second Sprinter service Rijndam Molenwijk - Rijndam Central Station - Rijndam Zuid.
And why are there 3 platforms at Denia, doesn't the single track only mean that only 1 (or maybe 2) platforms can be used for an efficient service?
Because the station Denia in metrosimulator is a recreation of the real life Dénia station. Also at the end of a single track railway, with a timetable of only one train per hour (but not at the moment, as the line is closed for refurbishment). But the real Denia even has 4 platforms;

(Images: Google Maps)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MTRHK

Post by MTRHK »

What are the planned frequencies for the new lines? Frequent or underground-suburban train style (ex: RER C) frequencies?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

• M1: Every 10 minutes (Plus extra rushhour services Molenwijk - Westpoort every 10 minutes).
  • M2: Every 10 minutes (meaning every 5 minutes on combined section with M3).
  • M3: Every 10 minutes (meaning every 5 minutes on combined section with M2).
  • M4: Every 10 minutes (Plus extra rushhour services Centraal Station - Noorderpoort every 10 minutes).
  • M5: Every 15 minutes.
  • M6: Every 10 minutes (Plus extra rushhour services over the entire line every 10 minutes).
  • RijndamRail Sprinterservice: Rijndam Molenwijk - Rijndam Centraal - Rijndam Zuid: Every 30 minutes.
  • RijndamRail Sprinterservice: Rijndam Molenwijk - Rijndam Centraal - Rijndam Westplein - Noordvliet: Every 30 minutes.
  • RijndamRail Sprinterservice: Rijndam Centraal - Rijndam Westplein - Noordvliet: Every 30 minutes.
For the Sprinter service, this means:
  • Molenwijk - Centraal: every 15 minutes
  • Centraal - Westplein - Noordvliet: every 15 minutes
  • Centraal - Zuid: every 30 minutes.
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

Small bug:
When I was on the Line M1 RSG2 activity for Rijndam 2016, I decided to ride the Museumline. I was at Noordvliet waiting for the Museumline. I got on, rode it to Transport museum but when I arrived at Transportmuseum the train's cab didn't turn off, which meant it was stuck at transportmuseum. If there's a way to fix this, please reply to this post.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

VirtualGamer wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 21:25 Small bug:
When I was on the Line M1 RSG2 activity for Rijndam 2016, I decided to ride the Museumline. I was at Noordvliet waiting for the Museumline. I got on, rode it to Transport museum but when I arrived at Transportmuseum the train's cab didn't turn off, which meant it was stuck at transportmuseum. If there's a way to fix this, please reply to this post.
I just ran that activity to try it; on my computer, the 5024 turns off the cab after arrival back at the Transportmuseum (after about 10 seconds, as it needs to open the doors first), exactly as it is supposed to do. So, I can detect no bug here.
Did you at any time deactivate the AI by pressing "C"?
emil84

Post by emil84 »

i have detected a bug i think,in rjindam 2018 activity m5 evening there are a problem on the m1,after a hour and half about,a train don't depart from panbos and creates delays,the ai is activated but the signal is red
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

M2 does the same at Monument, causing confusion and delay. I will come back with updates on the issue this weekend.
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

emil84 wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 21:47 i have detected a bug i think,in rjindam 2018 activity m5 evening there are a problem on the m1,after a hour and half about,a train don't depart from panbos and creates delays,the ai is activated but the signal is red
I just ran that activity from the start to the end of all service, and the sitiation you discribed did not happen. So, I can detect no bugs there. Aside from that; the dutylist to perform is only for 1 hour, so what happens after that is not really important anymore.

However; I did detect a problem on line M4 at the airport, where train 4033AL wont depart from platform RDA1 (block 45) after a while.
If any of you see this problem, here is how to solve that;
  • Open "Line M5 Avond.act"
  • Find " <duty code="403-3" number="403#CA" route="4-CA" time="20:53:00" ai="true"/> "
  • Delete it
  • Save, close
And a second problem; and the end of service, the depot sends incomming metro's to an already occupied track, causing a traffic jam at Molenwijk.
If any of you see this problem, here is how to solve that;
  • Open "Line M5 Avond.act"
  • Find " <consist start="A10"> "
  • Change "A10" to "A07" (replacing the in-the-way consist to another track)
  • Save, close
An alternative solution to this second problem;

Find the codes for the depot:

<yard pack="Rijndam2018" file="DM.cty" departures="auto" arrivals="auto">
<shedule name="AS" time="15:00:00" autodepartures="15:45:00" autoarrivals="18:15:00">
<arrive code="203" train="2032CZ" target="MLW" time="24:00:00" ai="true" track="A10" direction="-1" units="2" stop="6"/>
<arrive code="204" train="2042CZ" target="MLW" time="24:07:30" ai="true" track="A10" direction="-1" units="2" stop="4"/>
<arrive code="205" train="2052CZ" target="MLW" time="24:15:00" ai="true" track="A10" direction="-1" units="2" stop="2"/>
<arrive code="101" train="1012MZ" target="MLW" time="23:22:30" ai="true" track="A03" direction="-1" units="2" stop="6"/>
<arrive code="103" train="1032MZ" target="MLW" time="23:42:30" ai="true" track="A03" direction="-1" units="2" stop="4"/>
<arrive code="105" train="1052MZ" target="MLW" time="24:02:30" ai="true" track="A03" direction="-1" units="2" stop="2"/>
<arrive code="106" train="1062MZ" target="MLW" time="24:12:30" ai="true" track="A12" direction="-1" units="2" stop="4"/>
<arrive code="102" train="1022MZ" target="MLW" time="24:32:30" ai="true" track="A12" direction="-1" units="2" stop="2"/>
<arrive code="104" train="1042MZ" target="MLW" time="24:52:30" ai="true" track="A13" direction="-1" units="2" stop="2"/>
</shedule>
</yard>

And just change the destination tracks for the incomming services.