LosAngelesMetro56

Re: Rijndam

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

So talented ;)
This is now a dead account.
LosAngelesMetro56

Blauwpoortsburg reminds me of Wilshire/Vermont Station of LA Metro's Red and Purple Line :D
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Blauwepoortsebrug reminds me also one of the metrostations in Prague. I forgot the name.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The station was inspired on station "De Pijp" on the Amsterdam metroline 52 (Noordzuidlijn);

https://www.cob.nl/fileadmin/user_uploa ... e_Pijp.jpg

With a few changes; De Pijp is just the two platforms and tracks above each other (which was neccesary, as the available building space was very narrow), but when you drive trough it, you don't notice that. So in metrosimulator, I made it a bit more interesting by building the upper track like a balcony above the lower one. :)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
TheMetroTrain4

Post by TheMetroTrain4 »

Does anyone know the frequency of the lines in Rijndam 2018? I'm asking because I will add frequencies to the wiki.
amsterdammertje

Post by amsterdammertje »

Sjoerd wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 06:58 The station was inspired on station "De Pijp" on the Amsterdam metroline 52 (Noordzuidlijn);

https://www.cob.nl/fileadmin/user_uploa ... e_Pijp.jpg

With a few changes; De Pijp is just the two platforms and tracks above each other (which was neccesary, as the available building space was very narrow), but when you drive trough it, you don't notice that. So in metrosimulator, I made it a bit more interesting by building the upper track like a balcony above the lower one. :)
That took only two years in Rijndam, Amsterdam has been working on it for more than 10 years at the moment.
Yeet
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Jim2016 wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 18:26 Now, I have started making pages for the Rijndam stations, starting from the Airport shuttleservice.
LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 19:23 I will try to help. :D
Apparently you two have been busy, turning the Rijndam 2018 wiki page into quite a chaos of different links. :|
I have repaired the damage, but not to make your efforts go unnoticed, I have replaced the chaotic looking links with something more neat. ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Sjoerd wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 18:49 Apparently you two have been busy, turning the Rijndam 2018 wiki page into quite a chaos of different links. :|
I have repaired the damage, but not to make your efforts go unnoticed, I have replaced the chaotic looking links with something more neat. ;)
Thanks. :D
I've noticed the changes and they are big improvements. Referring to the madness of links is comedy. :lol:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I'm glad you approve ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Was the stations in the suburbs were given a random street name or are there specific streets? I wanted to give specific roads and such a permanent name like naming one of the streets in the Arendstraat station area, Arendstraat. :geek: