Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

Sjoerd wrote:
LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: Why don't you add seperate overhead wires on the bridge? I know a few places that uses overhead wires on rotating bridges as well as draw bridges.
Yes I know; there is also one here in Leiden over the river Rhine;
https://goo.gl/maps/EFRxou49i4F2

But I like it this way better. ;)

(Perhaps in Rijndam 2018, I'll think about it)
Alright, question to everyone:

In Rijndam 2016 the bridge over the river on line M1 near Rijnwoude Dorp has no overhead whires (see the 2nd screenshot on page 24 in this topic).
Who would like me to install overhead whires on the bridge in Rijndam 2018? And who would like to bridge to remain whireless?

I will look at the bridge in Leiden (see the Google maps link) as an example, but I will ofcourse be limited by the objects available to me in the editor. I do have an idea about how to make it look good ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

I like the challenge of not having power for a small section 8-)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Let all the passengers be late when the train is stuck on the bridge. :twisted:
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That's 2 - 0 for not installing overhead whires on the bridge in Rijndam 2018. :D

Anyone else have a preference? Unlike our prime minister; when I hold a referendum, I will act on the outcome. ;)
henk1234

Post by henk1234 »

Sjoerd wrote: Anyone else have a preference? Unlike our prime minister; when I hold a referendum, I will act on the outcome. ;)
:D :D :D
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:
Alfacinha315 wrote:Hi everyone! :) Can you please tell me when Metro Sim 3.10 beta will be avaiable for download? I can't wait for play the newest version.

Thanks! ;)
You're not allowed to ask for release dates.
Should be "You SHOULDN'T ask for release date"
using the term "not allowed" is a bit harsh.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Can we get back op topic? Arguing on releasedates for Beta 3.10 shouldn't be done as that information is already mentioned in the Beta 3.10 topic, and especially not in this topic! :evil:

Back on topic: I have put out a question to everyone: What is your preference for the railwaybridge near Rijnwoude Dorp on line M1 (as seen in the screenshot on page 24), for the Rijndam 2018 map: without overhead whires, like in Rijndam 2016, or with overhead whires, like this: https://goo.gl/maps/EFRxou49i4F2

So far, the balance is 2-0 for NOT installing the whires (Michiel and LosAngelesMetro56), and having the metro's cross the bridge powerless.
My personal preference at this point is installing them, as you then have both situations (2016 no whires, 2018 with whires). That makes the balance 2-1, but as I have asked you all, I will in the end act on the majority vote. ;)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:
Alfacinha315 wrote:Hi everyone! :) Can you please tell me when Metro Sim 3.10 beta will be avaiable for download? I can't wait for play the newest version.

Thanks! ;)
You're not allowed to ask for release dates.
My bad! :oops: It won't happens again, I'll promisse.

About Rijndam, it's the first time we'll have an MG2 on trackworks for maintenance. Another great advantage I liked in this route is almost all stations will have their name on signals (in Simvliet route only Alexanderpark and Simvliet Centrum have this feature).

I would like to see an express activity, like I've played yesterday, with HSM. The museumline shuttle from Noordvliet looks very nice... ;) Keep the good work going on! Unfortunately, I am not so good on route edition, but with a few tips maybe I'll repaint part of rolling stock and make new activities for all players.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote:Can we get back op topic? Arguing on releasedates for Beta 3.10 shouldn't be done as that information is already mentioned in the Beta 3.10 topic, and especially not in this topic! :evil:

Back on topic: I have put out a question to everyone: What is your preference for the railwaybridge near Rijnwoude Dorp on line M1 (as seen in the screenshot on page 24), for the Rijndam 2018 map: without overhead whires, like in Rijndam 2016, or with overhead whires, like this: https://goo.gl/maps/EFRxou49i4F2

So far, the balance is 2-0 for NOT installing the whires (Michiel and LosAngelesMetro56), and having the metro's cross the bridge powerless.
My personal preference at this point is installing them, as you then have both situations (2016 no whires, 2018 with whires). That makes the balance 2-1, but as I have asked you all, I will in the end act on the majority vote. ;)
I'll prefer whires in that bridge. So, if trains will slow down before cross that bridge trains will have to count with a little help of diesel locomotives, unless we turn off ATB system and we'll pass with a razonable speed, like in Simvliet Haven, from Museum to De Bergen park.

(Sorry for my bad English)
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The speedlimit on the bridge is 70 km/h. You do not have to slow down, and you do not need a diesel locomotive. You just have to be carefull you do not stop on the bridge, as you are then (in the whireless situation) stuck :D