Cannot take power

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

EdmTransitFan

Cannot take power

Post by EdmTransitFan »

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but when I load up any train, I can't take power. I have the ATP isolated. I have the cab turned on. I have my doors closed. However, when I try for power or brake, it won't even register. It worked before with the same setup. When I try for brake or power, the left side door open is illuminated, even though I have closed the doors. I've even tried bypassing the doors but that won't even work. Can anyone help me?
MetroSimGermany

Re: Cannot take power

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Sounds like you messed with your keyboad/controls.
Please go to the controls section in the main menu and reset every input (delete the old input and reenter it).

When you're on a overhead power section, please set up your panthograph first.
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
EdmTransitFan

Post by EdmTransitFan »

I was on a section of track with third rail, but okay, will do.
EdmTransitFan

Post by EdmTransitFan »

Is there anyway to reset all the key bored controls back to default?
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

EdmTransitFan wrote:Is there anyway to reset all the key bored controls back to default?
There is indeed a way to do so. If you go to C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\MetroSimulator on your computer, there should be a file right next to 'render.cfg' (i don't really remember the actual name of the file, because I'm currently on my phone) and if you delete that file, the controls will be resetted (at least I think so).
I'm not here.
metrogreece

Post by metrogreece »

The file name is Train.control. Also, you need to write the "C:\users..." to the bar at Windows Explorer, the folder AppData is hidden. Or you can press Win+R and write it (do not forget to change "YOUR USERNAME"). The original file is here:https://goo.gl/Fvim6k(my upload)
Sorry for my bad english but I'm from Greece
EdmTransitFan

Post by EdmTransitFan »

Thank you! I'm back up and running! Just one more thing? How do I manually change directions of switches in explore mode? I did see the readme included in the game files, but I didn't really understand it well. How to I actually move the switch I've selected?
metrogreece

Post by metrogreece »

EdmTransitFan wrote:Thank you! I'm back up and running! Just one more thing? How do I manually change directions of switches in explore mode? I did see the readme included in the game files, but I didn't really understand it well. How to I actually move the switch I've selected?
You open the console with F2 and writing the two blockes you want to connect, for example :
if you want to connect that blocks
You are writing 152 157 RWI and then press enter
As you can see in the picture the yellow line is fatter than before
Now, if you want find out which block you want to connect with, you have to find where is your train and the search the right block. Your train is shown by a orange line. If you want to look another blocks right click and move it like a map, but with right click
If you have made a mistake, you can write the 2 wrong block and then write RWO (enter)
I hope this will be helpful
Sorry for my bad english but I'm from Greece