Metro Simulator Quiz

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

SimvlietLineC

Metro Simulator Quiz

Post by SimvlietLineC »

This is inspired by MTRHK'S Metro QUIZ. People ask questions about METRO SIMULATOR AND METRO SIMULATOR ONLY. Whoever guesses the answer first will get to ask the next question. QUESTIONS HAVE TO BE QUESTIONS YOU CANNOT LOOK UP ON THE WIKI.

First Question: Where does the C line terminate?
Last edited by SimvlietLineC on 28 Jun 2016, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
Simvliet :D
nstomjanssen2000

Re: Metro Simulator Quiz

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

Lelywaard. But perhaps you think of a question which answer you can't just look up on the wiki, for example what the maximum speed is between two stops or where a situation is based on.
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]
SimvlietLineC

Post by SimvlietLineC »

Ok. Ill add that to the rules. Its your turn to ask the question now.
nstomjanssen2000

What's the height difference between the ground and the rail at Simvliet Airport?
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

======================METHOD 1======================
~9,80 meters at the rails... (Using debug menu thing)
======================METHOD 2======================
As you can see at the tunnel entrance near Simvliet Centrum, the difference is about tunnelsize + ~1,5 meters (for the concrete wall). We know from being a MetroDriver, the track doesn´t really go down till Airrport.
Creating a standard tunnel directly under the ground in "Trainz" (basicly a world creating game), you get a hight of -7.88 meters.
Adding -1,5 to this gives you a total difference of -9.38
======================METHOD 3======================
Because MetroSim is very realistic, you could also search for the average differance between ground and rail in Rotterdam. But I´m not underrstanding Dutch so well and found nothing on english but a difference of 12 meters on german Wikipedia. But that was under a canal, so I don´t count that.
======================RESULT=========================
My answer is ~9,80 meters, cause that was calculated with MetroSim´s on-board tools, so should be kinda accurate. I just wanted to put other fair ways here for those who don´t know debug menu.

======================MY OPINION=====================
I think this Quiz is, well, not as addictive as the MetroQuiz. Why? Well most of the askable details are on the Wiki already. Other things (nearly all the ideas I had for the Quiz yet) is either stuff anyone has already tested (like "Can you drive a train on Haven track?") or things no one has tested, but they are easy to do (like "can you derail on MetroCoaster"). The last thing you won´t find on the Wiki are distances (and no one knows them, so happy debug menuing) or countable things (like "how many trees are on Simvliet 2013). But that would be an annoying task to do.

You see it does not really have to do with actually "knowing" the answer like in quizzes (e.g. Who wants to be a millionaire. Nobody would have to count trees there or use a ruler to find out the lengh of a banana) but with knowing how to find out the answer...

Yes, I do have one question that is not on the Wiki, not everyone has tested yet, and doing so takes a moment, because you have to think a bit (If you don´t know the answer already), but thats only one question and I don´t know how many Ideas you (the creator of this post) have, I don´t have more than that one...
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
SimvlietLineC

Post by SimvlietLineC »

If you only have one question, just give it out! And if you have any ideas to make it more addictive, feel free to suggest.
MetroSimGermany

Okay. Is it possible to get the freight train on Metro tracks? And if it is, how?
nstomjanssen2000

Just click on the cab and control it.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MetroSimGermany wrote:Okay. Is it possible to get the freight train on Metro tracks?
Yes;

Just take over control in the simulation and drive it to the metro network.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MetroSimGermany

Err... Yeah.
Didn't know that thing has a reverser :roll:

Anyway, that sure is right (why shouldn't it be) so if one of you has another question, then ask it now!
=========================
Btw, who do you think wins tonight? Gemany or Italy?