MetroSim and Linux [more information]

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MetroSimGermany

MetroSim and Linux [more information]

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Hey Metrosimmers!

I will have to update to Windows 10 (which I don´t really like that much) soon and I want do Linuxify my PC so I don´t have to use Win10 as less as possible.
Does anyone have got experience with MetroSim 3.9 running under Wine on Linux?

This is not my first Linux but the other PC i´m using Linux on is a Netbook with bad graphics so the only thing I was able to see was the
Your graphic card does not meet the minimum specifications
message from the game...
Last edited by MetroSimGermany on 21 May 2016, 06:04, edited 1 time in total.
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
nstomjanssen2000

Re: MetroSim and Linux

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

I don't think Metro Simulator will work on Linux, but when you get that error message, I think it could be possible. Just give it a try would be my advice.
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]
MetroSimGermany

Re: MetroSim and Linux [more information]

Post by MetroSimGermany »

I now tested the Afroeptool under Linux...

Well, it's very unstable. The Build-In announcements work most the time, but some routes never do. After installing my custom announcements, afroeptool gives up, when ever you press the announcement button.
Actually it's not my fault with the custom announcements. I switched to WinXP mode and it worked absolutely fine.

Still this PC is just a Netbook. It may work on a better PC. I will test that out when I Linuxify my main PC. But I'm waiting for LinuxMint18, and the release status is like with MetroSim 3.10: Unkown.
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)