What is the Afroep Tool saying?

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

iNerdyBadger

What is the Afroep Tool saying?

Post by iNerdyBadger »

Hello
Im sure this exists somewhere but I am looking for the english translation of what the afreptool is saying. I am working on an english sound pack based on the DC Metro. Any help is appreciated!
Profile Pic: DC Metro
MetroSimGermany

Re: What is the Afroep Tool saying?

Post by MetroSimGermany »

This is, what the Afroeptool is basicly saying:
Only at the Terminus
Only at Tussenvelden or Stadionweg
Only on eastbound trains at Tussenvelden or Stadionweg (depending on the line)

"The next station is: *Station Name*,
This is a *Terminus Name* bound train
Change here for line(s) *Line Letter*
This train terminates here/there, make sure you have all your belongings with you when leaving the train. Thank you for riding with RET Metro
Next station: *Station Name*"

Yes, it repeats the station name at the end, no matter if it has all the stuff between it or not. For example at Roseveltlaan, where no line terminates it's saying something like

"The next station is Roseveltlaan. Next Station: Roseveltlaan"

But I don't know if thats only a thing with the Afroeptool to repeat the name directly after the first time again, or if the real RET trains have a "Next Station/This Station" routine that only repeats when reaching the next station, since i've never been do Rotterdam yet.

Anyway, if you want to make an American style announcement, I don't know why you want to know, what the Afroeptool is saying exactly. You decide for yourself what informations you want to provide in your announcements. If for example DC Metro has a "Next Station/This Station" routine, put that into your pack. If not, then don't do it.
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)