General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

New activity: Trackworks line C

Post by Sjoerd »

TTGMB wrote:I cant do this.
Sjoerd, can you do this for me?

Activity Name : New branch trackworks - Line C
Start at BPK5 then go to De Bergen then to Eendrachtsweg.
Next duty is to go from Eendrachtsweg to De Bergen and each other duty is vise versa to the one before it.
All A line trains are 2 car, while the B and C have 3
Start time : 12:21:00
Each Turn-around is 5 minutes
End time : Closest duty end time to 16:45:00
Thank you for the inspiration for this new activity;

Description:
--------------

There are several maintenance works planned on the metro network.

-> Between Kruidveldlaan and Simvliet Centrum, there is only one track available.
-> Between Eendrachtsweg and Oostpark no metro trafic is possible.

-> Line A runs every 20 minutes between Stadionweg and Araplein. At Stadionweg passengers can transfer to line B to Simvliet Airport and De Molens (which will arrive about 1,5-2 minutes later), or vice versa.
-> Line B runs every 10 minutes between Simvliet Airport and De Molens.
-> Line C runs every 10 minutes between De Bergen and Eendrachtsweg, and between Oostpark and Lelywaard.

The line C metro's to Eendrachtsweg still display "C Lelywaard" as their destination, as the display's on the metro's and on the platforms can not be set to display "C Eendrachtsweg".

As usual in my activities, the AI will activate automatically (you can deactivate it with C). You are therefore not required to stay with the metro assigned to you. If you wish, you can take over another metro in the scenario without disrupting the service.

The map for this activity:

Installation:
---------------

-> Place the files in the folder "Beta39\Data\Simvliet2020\Activities".

Remarks:
-----------

The original idea called for a turning time of 5 minutes for line C at De Bergen and Eendrachtsweg. When designing the timetable, this proved unpractical; this could only be done by switching the C and B services in de direction De Bergen / Simvliet. This in turn would have had these effects;
-> Passengers from Araplein tot Simvliet Airport would have to wait longer at Stadionweg, as transferring to a line C train instead of a line B train would only bring them as far as De Bergen.
-> The switch would have made the turing time of line C at one of the endstations longer, meaning an extra metro (and staff) on this line would have been required (= more expensive).
Therefore, a shorter turning time for line C was realised; 1 to 1,25 minutes on both sides (in practice a little more, as the driving time of the last stop is somewhat more then stricktly needed), thereby saving the need for extra metro's, and providing a more efficiënt transfer at Stadionweg for line A passengers to and from Simvliet Airport/Centrum.

A special edition; Museum metro 5239 drives a nonstop excursion from depot De Bergen to De Molens and back. You may encounter it when you are underway.
For the metro-spotters, the times ( +/- ) are: Depot Bergpark d.12:36 - De Bergen d.12:40 - De Molens a.12:50 d.12:58 - De Bergen a.13:06 - Depot Bergpark a.13:08.
Attachments
Activity Trackworks line C.zip
Activity: Trackworks line C
(190.18 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
asdff

Re: New activity: Trackworks line C

Post by asdff »

Well, actually, there are agreements on some metro systems about turning times. For instance, London Underground gives a minimum of 4 minutes (IIRC) for drivers to change ends. In this case, having turnings of less 4 mins would mean that stepping-back would be mandatory, which requires more staff than having just one extra train running and is more expensive.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Needing more then one driver per train can also have advantages; while driver n.1 is driving the train, driver n.2 can be busy with customer service and ticket control. This also increases safety.
In fact, that's how the commuter railways around Tokyo operate; two man staff per train, to make turnarounds of less then a minute possible. Train interval is so short, a driver can see the preceding train driving in the distance (I have seen this myself). ;)
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

In Rotterdam it's 2 minutes for trains up to 90 meters and 2,5 minutes for trains of 120 meters. Shorter happened in the past as well, as short as 60 seconds, but that was with a driver change. In Simvliet 15 seconds is the minimum :P
TTGMB

Post by TTGMB »

The De Molens branch was meant to be closed, and the Oostpark viaduct is being rebuilt too, so C closed between Eendrachtsweg and Lelywaard

Lelywaard area will have ATB rewiring.

You made me upset :cry:

It was like the Simvleit Centrum works in 2017, where trains terminated at Alexanderpark, read that script and use the style for my activity
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

TTGMB wrote:The De Molens branch was meant to be closed, and the Oostpark viaduct is being rebuilt too, so C closed between Eendrachtsweg and Lelywaard.
Lelywaard area will have ATB rewiring.

You made me upset :cry:

It was like the Simvleit Centrum works in 2017, where trains terminated at Alexanderpark, read that script and use the style for my activity
I don't think I like your tone very much. :| If you want another activity, you should have asked more nicely.
Perhaps do it yourself? Take another look at http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Basic_Activity_Guide to learn the basics.
TTGMB

Post by TTGMB »

It makes me stressed, and when i am stressed, i am not a good person