Is that an easter egg? (SG2, MG2 groaning sound)

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Is that an easter egg? (SG2, MG2 groaning sound)

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: What is CPR? It's something like APU (auxiliary power unit) in aircrafts? Don't be surprised, I'm asking like that. I never have been in Netherlands and I'm not an engineer.
CPR = Cardiopulmonary resuscitation

Biological enginering ;)

Michiel means "resuscitating a 'dead' metro" :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
brozma

Post by brozma »

senjer wrote: Because of that they had install couplers on the buffers at De Akkers.
Well Senjer. Those buffers with couplers are in simulator too. They are placed in Emplacement Springstraat on the end of two tracks with platform. They also were on reverse yard when Oostpark was terminus of line C.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
atimur

Post by atimur »

senjer wrote:Thats the compressor of the train. They make this sound in real life. Because of that they had install couplers on the buffers at De Akkers.
And what's the reason for the couplers then? Is this because there's an area with noise restrictions and buffer couplers feed train's brake pipes when stabled to avoid using noisy compressors?
brozma

Post by brozma »

atimur wrote:
senjer wrote:Thats the compressor of the train. They make this sound in real life. Because of that they had install couplers on the buffers at De Akkers.
And what's the reason for the couplers then? Is this because there's an area with noise restrictions and buffer couplers feed train's brake pipes when stabled to avoid using noisy compressors?
Maybe that's the reason. But SG2 and MG2 had much more silent compressors than 81-717. I had opportunity to hear compressor of 81-717 train. Man, I never heard anything louder from train than this.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English