New activity: Weekendworks

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

New activity: Weekendworks

Post by Sjoerd »

It is weekend, and there are several maintenance works planned on the metro network.
-> Between Stadionweg and Araplein, there is only one track available. Line A has a ten minute interval, but from Stadionweg only 1 in 2 metro's continue to Araplein.
-> Between Tussenvelden and De Molens, no metrotraffic is possible. Passengers will have to transfer to replacement bus services. Line B has a ten minute interval.
-> Between Simvliet Airport and Simvliet Centrum, there is only one track available. Line C has a fifteen minute interval.

The map for this activity:
Attachments
Activity Weekendworks.zip
Activity: Weekendworks
(152.82 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Xipheas

Re: New activity: Weekendworks

Post by Xipheas »

Hi, nice work on the scenarios!

I was wondering if you can talk me through (should you understand it) how the management of junctions is done. In particular, defining routes for auto junctions to set for trains to follow.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Xipheas wrote:I was wondering if you can talk me through (should you understand it) how the management of junctions is done. In particular, defining routes for auto junctions to set for trains to follow.
Have you read this already(?): http://www.sim.bemined.nl/wiki/CVL_Tutorial

Whole routes for activity's are made in the routes.ctd file in the activity's folder. Here, all routes are defined with the stops and times along the way.
This however does not influence the switches at the junctions directly. For that, the routes.ctd file also contains blocks of coding for each junction, using the last letter in the train code (like "2013CM") to set a switch (in this case, "M", for a train going to De Molens). Let's say you are driving train 2013CM, and you reach track 169 between Stadionweg and Tussenvelden. The coding in the routes.ctd-file, in coding group TVD1, will read you are in a train with destination M (De Molens), and set the switches for you to go to track 175.

In the routes.ctd file, it looks like this:

<autoblock start="169" destinations="M,V">
<start>169</start>
<start>J53</start>
<start>167</start>
<end end="175" free="175"/>
</autoblock>

This can be read like this;
-> For a path to be started at block 169, for trains with destinations M and V
-> set the path when the train is detected in block 169, J53 or 167.
-> End the path at block 175, but only do so if block 175 is free (there are no other trains there at the moment)
Xipheas

Post by Xipheas »

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply, it helped!

I'd read everything that there is to read! :) Some of it was clearer than other bits though.
Xipheas

Post by Xipheas »

I do have another question though, if you don't mind.

I am sending Araplein-bound trains to SDW platform 4 in an activity I'm planning, as follows:

Code: Select all

<autoblock start="403" destinations="B,X,C,K,T">
     <start>J401</start>
     <start>406</start>
     <start>403</start>
     <end end="162" free="162"/>
But if a train going west arrives at platform 5 and the track ahead is already reserved for another train, then it will just sit at the platform and never get permission to move off.

What have I missed?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

As you said, the track you want to go to is already reserved for another train, you won't get permission to depart; the track isn't free to create a path for your train.

By the way; the code you show is not for Araplein-bound trains. It's for trains from Araplein in the direction Simvliet Centrum/airport.

If you are sending your Araplein to Simvliet trains via SDW5, did you remove the codes below from the departure codeblock from track 402? If not, a path from track SDW4 to Simvliet may be set when the train is deteted in block 406 of J401, and cannot be set anymore from track SDW5.

<start>J401</start>
<start>406</start>
Xipheas

Post by Xipheas »

I'm an idiot, no idea why I wrote what I wrote. Sorry.

It's Simvliet-bound trains. Let's say that there's a B-line train going west, which has reserved the section through the junction to 162. The A line train (also going west) arrives at SDW5, and so the A train can't set the points.

Once the B-line train has cleared the junction, the A-line train still has no route set, and never moves off. Ever.

I already changed the routing of the A-line so that no points are set for departure from SDW4 westwards.

Thanks for your patience.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Just put your act-file and ctd-file in a *.zip and upload it to your next post. I will have a look at it, and see if I can find (and resolve) your problem.