Afroetool 3.9?

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

tomasxouliaras

Afroetool 3.9?

Post by tomasxouliaras »

Any information when the Afroetool will be update for the new beta? Sorry for this...
Greek guy. Only english on me. Thank you. :)
senjer

Re: Afroetool 3.9?

Post by senjer »

I'm working on it right now.;) I think it could be released in two weeks. At the moment I'm trying to get the voice even more realistic.
Hexilia

Post by Hexilia »

Why not record it ?
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Because it's a fictional town.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

That doesn't mean you can't say the station names into a microphone of course. But for good quality recordings so will need to have the right equipment, and most people only have the basic microphone in their headset, phone or camera at their disposal.
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Michiel wrote:That doesn't mean you can't say the station names into a microphone of course.
That's something different :roll: It's always done that way if the announcements are not available. The question was "why not record it" which probably means "why not record it in real life". And so I answered it ;)
Hexilia

Post by Hexilia »

Yeah, scuse me, i didn't explain clearly. But of course i was talking about record "ourselves".

I work in a radio, i could try to make a french version (and even a english version if nobody else want to do it). If someone is intrested ...
Is there a translation somewhere ?
senjer

Post by senjer »

Recording it in a studio is possible. Remember that some stations have around 7 different calls. After that you have to edit them in a program like Adobe Audition because i'm sure you're not a professional voice artist, so keeping the same tones with your voice is impossible. All that takes much longer then using a standard voice program and use the same Audition editing settings to make it sound more realistic.
Hexilia

Post by Hexilia »

Can you give me a translation, at least of 1 preset, in order to know how work the announcements ?

I'll see what i can do, but with some treatments, i think i can make something cool ...
metroverslaafde

Post by metroverslaafde »

the afroeptool uses just the names of the stations when there is no possibility to change from metro line. At the beginning of a route the announcement says in which train you are. When you enter a station like stadionweg or tussenvelden, the tool says that you can change to another metroline. At eendrachtsweg (near oostpark) the tool says that you can take the bus to the Eendrachts ziekenhuis, ziekenhuis means hospital.
I am not that good in English, that's why I study French :), but what the tool says is like: "Next stop, Stadionweg, you're now in line A, you can change to line B or C" Or something like that.