Error installing 8.9

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

claw106

Re: Error installing 8.9

Post by claw106 »

MTRHK wrote:Try getting one of mozilla firefox's addons to split the download into pieces. The problem I get each time that I get Metro Sim is that is doesn't get the entire file but whn it splits it up it gets everything.

Will try.
TC Gaming

Post by TC Gaming »

I had this problem as well. Mine fixed it's self when i downloaded it with a faster internet connection. If that doesn't work try waiting a few days i did that as well.

hope this helps
Koppara

Post by Koppara »

Weird, I had the same problem (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=294) but it started working when I downloaded the zip file. My interned speed then was about 2 megs..
Darius

Post by Darius »

I have this same problem. Hopefully, I can get it fixed. I really look forward to playing this game
Richard980

Re: Error installing 3.9

Post by Richard980 »

Theoretic slow internet speed can't corrupt a file.
Can you do a MD5 hash check? A hash check calculate a 'hash' from a file, And if the hash the same as below, the file isn't corrupt. Filenames make not matter!

My MD5 hash of 'Beta39.msi': (expired)
My MD5 hash of 'Beta39.zip': (expired)

1. Download first this file: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/841290
2. Run the *.exe file and extract the files to the same map where MetroSim39 (eg. download folder) is located.
3. Go to the map where MetroSim is located in Windows Explorer and press [Shift]+[Right click] en click on 'Open command window here'.
4. Type 'fciv.exe [filename of metrosim incl. file extension like .zip or .msi] -MD5'
Your computer now calculating the hash. If it finished, compare it whit the hashes above it.
Last edited by Richard980 on 07 Jun 2015, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
Darius

Post by Darius »

The game is working now. All I had to do was restart my computer, and then when I downloaded it again it worked no problem :)
searker

Re: Error installing 3.9

Post by searker »

Richard980 wrote:Theoretic slow internet speed can't corrupt a file.
Can you do a MD5 hash check? A hash check calculate a 'hash' from a file, And if the hash the same as below, the file isn't corrupt. Filenames make not matter!

My MD5 hash of 'Beta39.msi': 79306edf7ac61051a7beef5865b9d214
My MD5 hash of 'Beta39.zip': b66ec7b94ace6c996d620198e21de17e

1. Download first this file: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/841290
2. Run the *.exe file and extract the files to the same map where MetroSim39 (eg. download folder) is located.
3. Go to the map where MetroSim is located in Windows Explorer and press [Shift]+[Right click] en click on 'Open command window here'.
4. Type 'fciv.exe [filename of metrosim incl. file extension like .zip or .msi] -MD5'
Your computer now calculating the hash. If it finished, compare it whit the hashes above it.
Well, if someone has a slow internet, you can nowadays assume that he might also have a bad connection. Therefore, the chance of reconnects or general packet-loss is higher. Because of that, the percentage of corrupted / aborted downloads will increase with the size of the desired file.
But yes, in theory the speed has nothing to do with the "quality".
UuIi

Post by UuIi »

I had the same problem before, all zip or rar files that I tried to download were corrupted or damaged. All I had to do was to download them in safe mode and everything worked just fine :)
Ctrl+Shift+A.