[imagination]Platform Screen Door

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

kinkisharyo

[imagination]Platform Screen Door

Post by kinkisharyo »

I was tired of waiting 3.9

I used Microsoft Paint only,so please don't blame about the quality...

BTW,anyone can tell me how to edit the .000 file?
Attachments
RET PFD.jpg
RET PFD.jpg (87.66 KiB) Viewed 5000 times
Sjoerd

Re: [imagination]Platform Screen Door

Post by Sjoerd »

The 000-files can not be opened or edited. They are read-only for metrosimulator.

Great picture! It would be a great addition to the simulator, especially if the platform doors actually work!
They should however recognise the train length, as to only open doors along the actual length of a stopped train. But that information is already displayed in the DRIMs, so should be (relatively) easy to program. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
luka23

Post by luka23 »

These would be useless since all the trains have different lengths and not the same number of doors.
Koppara

Post by Koppara »

the new metros are designed to be same door lengths, so there would be no problem
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

Sjoerd wrote:The 000-files can not be opened or edited. They are read-only for metrosimulator.
Sad,I thought I could change those texture like BVE Trainsim...
luka23 wrote:These would be useless since all the trains have different lengths and not the same number of doors.
I said already,it's just imagination,and no one said those door need to install on the existed route,maybe a shuttle line on Simvliet Airport etc.

Don't let things block your idea. :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Good news for subway/metro systems with multiple types of rolling stock; introduction of platform doors won't mean incompatibility with certain train types anymore! :D

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/tech ... -test.html

Platform edge Anywhere Door for multiple train types on test

JAPAN: Platform edge doors designed to accommodate multiple types of rolling stock with varying numbers of doors and locations on the car side are being tested by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Transportation Equipment Engineering & Service Co.

The design is branded Dokodemo Door (‘Anywhere Door’), after a magical door which is used by a time-travelling robotic cat from the 22nd century in a manga series.

As well as offering greater flexibility, Dokodemo Door is intended to offer lower lifecycle costs than previous designs, with lighter doors and a shorter installation time. The use of telescopic doors with narrow pockets permits wider door openings. Sensors detect people or belongings obstructing the doors, broadcasting warning a message and preventing opening or closing. LEDs in the casings project warning messages onto the doors’ reinforced glass.

Dokodemo Door is being developed with assistance from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport & Tourism’s Railway Development Fund. According to MLIT, 593 of the 9 500 railway and monorail stations in Japan already have platform doors, and in February the government backed plans for this number to be increased to 800 by 2020.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D