New activity with HSM

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Metrogaming

Re: New activity with HSM

Post by Metrogaming »

Hi all,

Good news!!!!!!
Version 2.2 with minor ameliorations and more trains!

For version 2.5:
-HSMR(done)
-BPK bug fix maybe(done)
-Ameliorations (done)

-No more traffic jam(in progess)
Attachments
Activity with HSM V2.2.zip
(10.62 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Last edited by Metrogaming on 17 Jun 2015, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
I love metro simulator beta! It's my drug!
Metrogaming

Post by Metrogaming »

Hi,
This week will a big update to improve traffic jam, more trains, more trains on line C (special De Bergen-Lel), stop at SCV etc... That's will be the version 2.5!
Metrogaming

Post by Metrogaming »

Hi,
this is the new version 3.0.1!!!

Changelog:
->Regular traffic
->HSMR
->Line C is here!
Now the line C is working (not under construction)
Many thanks for @darius for testing the beta and suggestions.

Thank you for downloading!
Attachments
Activity with HSM V3.0.zip
Activity with HSM 3.0.1
(11 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Metrogaming

Post by Metrogaming »

Hi players,
I'm preparing the version 2.1 what do you want for this one? Did you see any bugs in the version 3.0?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Jeann wrote:Hi players,
I'm preparing the version 2.1 what do you want for this one? Did you see any bugs in the version 3.0?
I have tested your activity. Here are my observations, I hope this helps you to make some optimalisations for your next version (Do not let these points discourage you in any way!! I know it is not easy to make a perfect timetable for all lines at the same time :) ).
It is worth mentioning that I tested the activity by keeping to the maximum speeds; I did not go to the high speeds the HSM train is capable of. ;)

1) In the CTD file, you have defined a route C-TN for your first HSM trip to Lelywaard. You set the 'actions' to pass for the stations you want to skip (this is good), but at the beginning of each line is still the word 'stop';
<stop platform="WTC1" time=" 50" destinationcode="1" station="wtc" actions="pass" stops="wtc1,wtc2"/>
I believe this should be the following, in order to prevent a stop with the 50-mark in the ATB system at stations you want to pass;
<pass platform="WTC1" time=" 50" destinationcode="1" station="wtc" actions="pass" stops="wtc1,wtc2"/>

2) In the normal route C-TL (Simvliet Airport to Lelywaard, stopping at every station), the time at Stadionweg (sdw) is 870 seconds from departure at Airport. In your C-TN it is 880 seconds (10 seconds longer by skipping all those stations in between?), and the endtime at Lelywaard is the same at 1395 seconds. Does this mean you are running a express service, with no traveltime gain for passengers at all?

3) Something similar in the next run, when you go to De Molens and back; the endtimes of the normal B-TM and your B-MN are the same at 1260 seconds, so no time gain there. But Simvliet Airport to Stadionweg is now done in 500 seconds (instead of 870 or 880 seconds). How come this time it's more then 6 minutes faster to get from Airport to Stadionweg compared to the last run to Lelywaard? :?

4) When running the activity, I noticed on the trip from Lelywaard to Simvliet Airport I got stuck behind a line A train from Stadionweg to Simvliet Airport, having to slow down at each station because the line A train had to stop. At the second trip to Airport (this time coming from De Molens), I arrived at the same moment as a line A train at Stadionweg, and the line A train (going to Centrum instead of Airport this time) was allowed to depart first, again making me wait behind it at every station. I would have expected to pass the slower train at De Bergen (where you can send the slower trains to the side tracks), but this did not happen.

5) When exploring the network during the simulation (I set the HSM to AI at this time), there doesn't seem to be a very steady service on all lines; for example, there are times where there are no trains at all on line C, causing an interval of about 40 minutes to be shown in the platform CTA at Tussenvelden track 1. Or sooner in the simulation, I saw this ("Niet instappen" was for the passing of the HSM, so I am referring to the interval between normal line C trains):

Or two trains 1-2 minutes behind each other on line A, then a larger interval, and then again a short interval. Like this (at Springstraat);
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Metrogaming

Post by Metrogaming »

Sjoerd wrote:
Jeann wrote:Hi players,
I have tested your activity. Here are my observations, I hope this helps you to make some optimalisations for your next version (Do not let these points discourage you in any way!! I know it is not easy to make a perfect timetable for all lines at the same time :) ).
It is worth mentioning that I tested the activity by keeping to the maximum speeds; I did not go to the high speeds the HSM train is capable of. ;)

1) In the CTD file, you have defined a route C-TN for your first HSM trip to Lelywaard. You set the 'actions' to pass for the stations you want to skip (this is good), but at the beginning of each line is still the word 'stop';
<stop platform="WTC1" time=" 50" destinationcode="1" station="wtc" actions="pass" stops="wtc1,wtc2"/>
I believe this should be the following, in order to prevent a stop with the 50-mark in the ATB system at stations you want to pass;
<pass platform="WTC1" time=" 50" destinationcode="1" station="wtc" actions="pass" stops="wtc1,wtc2"/>

2) In the normal route C-TL (Simvliet Airport to Lelywaard, stopping at every station), the time at Stadionweg (sdw) is 870 seconds from departure at Airport. In your C-TN it is 880 seconds (10 seconds longer by skipping all those stations in between?), and the endtime at Lelywaard is the same at 1395 seconds. Does this mean you are running a express service, with no traveltime gain for passengers at all?

3) Something similar in the next run, when you go to De Molens and back; the endtimes of the normal B-TM and your B-MN are the same at 1260 seconds, so no time gain there. But Simvliet Airport to Stadionweg is now done in 500 seconds (instead of 870 or 880 seconds). How come this time it's more then 6 minutes faster to get from Airport to Stadionweg compared to the last run to Lelywaard? :?

4) When running the activity, I noticed on the trip from Lelywaard to Simvliet Airport I got stuck behind a line A train from Stadionweg to Simvliet Airport, having to slow down at each station because the line A train had to stop. At the second trip to Airport (this time coming from De Molens), I arrived at the same moment as a line A train at Stadionweg, and the line A train (going to Centrum instead of Airport this time) was allowed to depart first, again making me wait behind it at every station. I would have expected to pass the slower train at De Bergen (where you can send the slower trains to the side tracks), but this did not happen.

5) When exploring the network during the simulation (I set the HSM to AI at this time), there doesn't seem to be a very steady service on all lines; for example, there are times where there are no trains at all on line C, causing an interval of about 40 minutes to be shown in the platform CTA at Tussenvelden track 1. Or sooner in the simulation, I saw this ("Niet instappen" was for the passing of the HSM, so I am referring to the interval between normal line C trains):

Or two trains 1-2 minutes behind each other on line A, then a larger interval, and then again a short interval. Like this (at Springstraat);
Hi,
Thank you for your remarks, I'm very happy about the problems that you noticed because you gave me a lot of work,
1) I've not worked on CTD 2 weeks ago so now I'm gonna to change the syntax.
2)I'll sync the time
3)the same
4)I'm searching how to solve this problem without create traffic jam.
5) The same
I think my activity is evolving to a stable one I'm on vacation so I have some time to work on this.
Friendly Jeann!
Metrogaming

Post by Metrogaming »

Hey,
For version 3.1 I'm preparing:
1) Adjustements in CTD (done)
2) Now between SAP and SDW a train every 2-3 minutes and 3 niet instappen per hour, Line C a train every 20 mins and sometimes 1-3 mins, Line A still with an irregular trafic, Line B still with an iregular (SAP-SDW done, others in progress)

Can anyone translate when I will release the next version in Dutcsh because I don't speak this language :D .(send me a PM if you want to translates it)
Very thank you!
Last edited by Metrogaming on 22 Jun 2015, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
Metrogaming

Post by Metrogaming »

Hi,
New update for the activity, I used the list of bugs created by Sjoerd. So the changelog is in his post!
Thank you for downloading! :D
I used the Simvielt map:
Attachments
Metrokaart_Concession_B.png
Metrokaart_Concession_B.png (124.89 KiB) Viewed 5477 times
Activity with HSM V3.1.zip
(11.19 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Metrogaming

Post by Metrogaming »

Hey,
For the version 2.3 I'm working on:
-Add timetable (done)
-1 more train (todo)
-Resolve traffic jam(still in progress)
Metrogaming

Post by Metrogaming »

Hi,
I need help because in my activity with the 3023TA go to ARA, next he must go to the Springstraat park but when I use the train the signal is green but the limit still 10 (looks like a red signal). Anyone can help me please?
Thank you!